Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chip + Intake Void Engine Warranty Correct?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Lone_Star_Stang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Chip + Intake Void Engine Warranty Correct?

I don't trust the Ford dealers at all. And you can be a business law major and quote the MM act all day long, simple fact is -- they don't care. I've said it before but I've had another Ford dealer refuse to fix my snapped parking brake that they broke on the lift when they pulled up the brake, saying first that my painted calipers caused the snap of the cable, then that I sabotaged the cable so they would have to fix it.

I think if I didn't have any mods at all on my vehicle, and something happened to the car serious -- Ford would find a way to void my warranty and scam me into paying it. I keep a pile of receipts for maintenance, and I'm sure they'd say "Well, we really can't see this number right here, it's sorta rubbed off a little bit, so, WARRANTY VOIDED BIATCH!"

I can just see it.

Anyways, /rant off
Old 05-15-2006, 10:10 PM
SVT99LEGEND
1st Gear Member

I believe the Spanish Oak remebers flashes, it's suppose to remember even if you erase and flash back to stock. BTW Tunes void your engine warranty.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I believe Ford will do anything it can to get out of a warentee coverage.

Including simply denying there is a problem - - Take me for example.. my Fog Lights are screwed up... not only are they messed up, but they are OBVIOUSLY messed up. Everyone at the Ford dealership agrees they are messed up. BUT - Ford denied Warentee coverage on the grounds that they are "Within Factory Specifications" according to the representative(s) from Ford.

If they want to pay they will - - - if they don't want to pay, they won't and you will have quite a fight on your hands to get it done.

The dealership can help, but sometimes they can't.

So, you stand a chance of having something not be covered even if you don't make any changes to the car.

After my round-de-round with Ford, is when I decided WTF - I'm going to do whatever I want and deal with Ford later if I have to.