Chip + Intake Void Engine Warranty Correct? - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 PM   #21  
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Chip + Intake Void Engine Warranty Correct?

Here we go again,this is what the 100th post on this?

Just ask your dealer before you do it,if they say yes it will and you do it anyway I am shure all the Forum lawyers on here will take your case for free since they are the experts and have won tons of cases just like this,hell I am shure Ford just runs in horror at the mention of there name.

And yes I am being an *******,there are people on here that have had it voided and I have yet to see SEMA or anyone else win any cases for them.

Best read on how alot of them are getting away with modding there stang without voiding the warrenty,and it's not becuse there walking badass lawyers.

CrimeScene
CrimeScene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #22  
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Quote:
ORIGINAL: CrimeScene

Here we go again,this is what the 100th post on this?

Just ask your dealer before you do it,if they say yes it will and you do it anyway I am shure all the Forum lawyers on here will take your case for free since they are the experts and have won tons of cases just like this,hell I am shure Ford just runs in horror at the mention of there name.

And yes I am being an *******,there are people on here that have had it voided and I have yet to see SEMA or anyone else win any cases for them.

Best read on how alot of them are getting away with modding there stang without voiding the warrenty,and it's not becuse there walking badass lawyers.

CrimeScene
LOL, I'm not sure I get which side of the fence you are on. [&:]

Are ya fer it or against it?
MikeHawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:02 AM   #23  
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

Just read the article on warranty's in June issue of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords.It's everything you want know.
Mpaint99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:15 AM   #24  
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

My dealer service manager gave me permission for the CAI . Now if I can get him to give me the 4:10 gears.
Daniel60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #25  
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Well as for what side,if Ford says it will void a warrenty for a mod someone wants to put on and they do it anyway,then complain about it that kinda makes the modder out to be a dumbass.

There are a few post on people that tryed to be johnny cochran on the spot and got laughed right out the dealership,2 or 3 even took a lawyer with them and got laughed out.

I need to find that link that has all the court cases filed against Ford,most have the outcome and there are very few I have seen were people won on the voided warrenty issiue,but I am shure some of the forum lawyers will still say its BS and all made up or some crap like that.

Lets try it this way,

1.Can you afford the car without the warrenty?
2.Can you afford a court case vs Ford?
3.Do you have another car to use while you are in the court case vs Ford?

If you said yes then mod it,if no then check with your dealer first,even if you are in the right with the warrnty you know the dealer could make you take it to court,the only thing they have to lose by doing it is the Lawyer fees and that they can make up faster then you can.

But hey it's your money do what you want.

CrimeScene
CrimeScene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #26  
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Lighten up Frances.
Daniel60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:27 AM   #27  
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I'm not a lawyer or anything but I'm pretty sure that the Federal Moss-Manguson Act refers to OEM comparable parts with OEM specs. I also believe it is in place to ensure that manufacturers can not force you to buy their replacement parts at ridiculous prices. Without the act, they could force you to buy all your oil from them, spark plugs, even windshield washer and tires. I don't believe it refers to parts which are INTENDED to modify the performance specifications of a vehicle. That would not be fair to the manufacturer.

Regardless, I just wasn't comfortable telling people, flat out that, "mods will not void your warranty" without giving them fair warning that they may run into difficulty.

I think most Dealers will try to work with you as much as possible, but I wouldn't count on it happening.
MikeHawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:12 AM   #28  
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

^^ +1 ^^
Airborneflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:46 AM   #29  
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is the federal law that governs consumer product warranties. Passed by Congress in 1975, the Act requires manufacturers and sellers of consumer products to provide consumers with detailed information about warranty coverage.

I'm guessing that if it is not stated to you before hand, then you automatically win the sitation if a denied warranty occurs?

More info at: http://ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/busp...#Magnuson-Moss

I'm a business law major and I can tell you this...it doesn't matter individual dealership opinion on what breaks warranty. Look up more info and just show them the bottom line of the law and they will fall to your knees like your high school sweetheart. If they don't, just file a class-action suit with your fellow warranty-denied Stang owners and you'll get so much money out of them that they will be put in the history books just as hard as Star Wars...a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
90lxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #30  
retired1af

Ford has a long history of not honoring warranty items. Take a gander at this article and then tell me that Ford is going to be OK with mods to your vehicle?

Ford is hurting financially right now. If they can weasel out of warranty work, they're going to do so.
retired1af is offline   Reply With Quote