Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 04:18 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

Default Shift Lights

I just ordered all my gauges for the upcoming changes to my engine

Was going to get a shift light but wasnt sure which one to go with and where to mount it. I would like to mount it on the pillar pod, i am going with a triple pillar and was wondering if anyone has successfully mated a shift light to the trip pillar yet?

later

m
Old 03-21-2006, 04:51 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Shift Lights

They all work pretty good and thank goodness you're going with the light only cause the ginormous tacs with them are ricey IMO. I mounted on my pillar about 4 inches up from the top of the dash. Works great right there. Didn't know if I would keep it there permenantly so I just used velcro tape to hold it onto the pillar pod and it holds just fine. I ran the connecting wire on the opposite side of the pillar pod (by the door) and into the dash directly into the engine bay and mounted the adapter on the frame of the car centered below the windshield.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Twister086
2nd Gear Member

chevykiller, which light did you go with? i went raptor and i like the stealth look. i have had two people ride along and not even know it was there. i mounted on dash but right at bottom of pillar, works like a champ. ill post a pic when i get home...
Old 03-21-2006, 05:16 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Twister086

chevykiller, which light did you go with? i went raptor and i like the stealth look. i have had two people ride along and not even know it was there. i mounted on dash but right at bottom of pillar, works like a champ. ill post a pic when i get home...
I have the raptor too. It does suprise passengers when it goes off cause they don't notice it...lol
Old 03-21-2006, 05:17 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

They all work pretty good and thank goodness you're going with the light only cause the ginormous tacs with them are ricey IMO. I mounted on my pillar about 4 inches up from the top of the dash. Works great right there. Didn't know if I would keep it there permenantly so I just used velcro tape to hold it onto the pillar pod and it holds just fine. I ran the connecting wire on the opposite side of the pillar pod (by the door) and into the dash directly into the engine bay and mounted the adapter on the frame of the car centered below the windshield.
yes which light?

i was thinking the autometer quicklight...nice and compact. what module did you need to make it work? rpm and tach, or just rpm...that question only applies providing you have that light of course
Old 03-21-2006, 05:42 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Any light you get will work the same so it really is a matter of personal preferrence for looks. They will all work with a standard 'tach adapter' that you can get from summit or just about anywhere else.