Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 12:43 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: HID lights

FYI, more info about HIDs;

"What are HID headlights?

HID Xenon headlights are the next step forward for automotive lighting. Just as halogen lighting improved driving safety thirty years ago, now HID is doing the same. Where halogen lamps rely on superheating a filament of wire in an inert gas, HID uses much higher voltages to create an arc within an oxygen-free environment. This not only gives much more light (up to four times as much), but it is also more efficient. A standard-fit halogen headlight bulb will use 55 watts at 12 volts and more of it's energy goes to creating heat than light, but HID systems use only 35 watts, but uses superior technology to step 12 volts to 20,000 volts. Because it is using less energy, it runs cooler, and is kinder to your car's battery and electrical systems. When comparing HID to higher than normal output halogen bulbs, the advantage is even greater.

Like Daylight

Another advantage of HID systems is that the light given off is much closer to daylight than conventional headlights. This means that night driving is less tiring, safer and generally much more relaxed. Other drivers will see you sooner, and are less likely to pull out in front of you. Bicycles, motor cycles and all other vehicles in front will spot your approach sooner, and are less likely to make sudden hazardous manoeuvres.

Reliability

Our conversions are built to O.E. standards, and specifically designed to be compatible with you car's standard equipment. They place less load on the existing electrics than halogen headlights and will enhance your safety and driving pleasure."

Taken from a site that offers HID conversions (but not the H13).
Old 03-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

I'm telling you guys, be careful if you go with that outfit beestang. They don't say anything about a new wiring harness. And I gurantee you, they will NOT work if you just power the ballasts from the stock headlight harnesses. I found out the hard, non-refundable way. It is nice that they include a high-beam seting though. Not sure how they accomplish this though.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Fleafromnola
1st Gear Member

I remember see this post on Saleen page when I was thing about getting a Saleen (got a GT). Saleen makes a true HID for about $1000.00, this guy did a get job on writeup, which has tons of pics. Hope this help!

https://mustangforums.com/m_588500/m.../tm.htm#591148

BP
Old 03-23-2006, 01:01 AM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

wow these kits are pretty expensive mines was like 230somthing all together cqlights.ca when slow @$$ usps get them here ill post my pics
Old 03-23-2006, 01:35 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Here are some other pics of my kit:

[IMG]local://upfiles/25404/83443407BF7647A4A07797DCB36F529F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/25404/79A05037A19D479DB104C7770E63EB80.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-23-2006, 02:43 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Dude, If you'er right, my appologies, I have never bought a conversion kit. However, it appears that others have done it....
ORIGINAL: Scooter80

I'm telling you guys, be careful if you go with that outfit beestang. They don't say anything about a new wiring harness. And I gurantee you, they will NOT work if you just power the ballasts from the stock headlight harnesses. I found out the hard, non-refundable way. It is nice that they include a high-beam seting though. Not sure how they accomplish this though.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:06 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

dkano, where did you order your kit at? Do you have a direct link and how much were they? They look great, the stock bulbs do not give off enough power for me and that would be a great upgrade.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:45 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Nothsa,
This is where I bought my HID kit from:
http://stores.ebay.com/ULTRABRIGHTLI...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Look for the H13 kit, it should be around $300. You're right about the stock bulbs, that's exactly why I purchased this kit.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:29 PM
JT'S 98 Stang

Default HID fog light problems

I have a 98 Mustang GT that I put HID's on the Head and fog lights and I have been having a lot of problems with mmy fog lights flickering and going out at low RPM or Idle any ideas what the problem could be?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Holy thread resurection batman.
To the question. I'm not an electrical person but it sounds like maybe the alternator can't keep up with its demands.

Quick Reply: HID lights