Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 05:57 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: kNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH

How did the right rear wheel get bent?
Old 03-30-2006, 10:25 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: kNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH

ORIGINAL: Skycam1

Most of you will know my car from the picture and I left the board because of some flaming that people didn't have the whole story about what had happened. 1st to address the speeding ticket the gun was checked and found to have had a problem and the ticket was dropped. I wasn't trying to beat anything I did. Oh yeah I run the car from time to time but not on this day.

The Company is FC Customs out of Springfiels ,IL. After dealing with them for about 9 months blowning 3 engines we finally hit on one that ran and I mean good. The engine was forged .020 and I had them back it down to 430rwhp so I would have no more problems. The custom made tons of parts because the 8 ribbed belt kit just wouldn't stay on he car.
Broke 6 belts then they thought they had it fixed. The car had been driven 140 mile after I left FC when I was coming down an on ramp going to a shoot with two other groups going to help following. I heard a slap then a roar and fire blew about 20ft in front of the car then back in on me so I hit the brakes opened the door and bailed out. Got feet legs and hands burned with a flash burn on my face and took in way to much smoke then hit my head on the road getting out. Happened 3 weeks ago almost back to normal. Just have some vision problems now and then. Keep in mind I had close to $60,000 in this car after all their mistakes. Now I know!

Before Pic.

Blower belt had lost two ribs and they think caught a fuel rail and broke. After.

I'm now have this car built from Bash Performance in Florida. Should be done early May. They have already started will let you know how it goes. This model in the same yellow and black as shown. Steve Bash seem great to work with and has agreed to bring the car to me in IL. Hope this all goes better.

http://www.bashperformance.com/Vehicles/GTSR1.html

Hope this saves someone else.

John
Holy Crap!!! I know of Bash but finally got around to looking at their website and almost lost it in my pants! 60K on top of a base model mustang????? Are you kidding me? The only high dollar thing in their packages is the forged internals and trans and no way should that be over 10K installed! What a ripoff. Seems they are reselling the cervini kit for the 'GT300 and 500 & 'UNICORN' package.

Crap, for 60K - ST Motorsports would build you a 700 hp + 8 second mustang garunteed. Heck I've got reliable 500+ HP and have 50K into my car and that's including the 32K Roush car! I hope you don't get offended by this but it appears to me you are prone to the belief that the more expensive something is then the better it is. That shop of yours was probably selling you the farm when they were playing Dr. Frankenstein with your ride. For goodness sakes, it is more important to do research and find out who is the BEST builder not the most expensive. If I had your budget, I would just replace the motor, trans, computer, suspension, and driveline and build a supercar on a empty mustang shell. If you're willing to spend a total of $90,000.00 on a mustang, then it is STUPID to build it from the stock components IMO. With a good builder, you can EASILY get 550 RELIABLE HP on a new mustang for $55,000.00 (Including car & body kit)

But hey - your money. Give it away if it makes you feel good. You never even responded to me when I offered to help you with the fuel questions and your post certainly indicated you are still believing the garbage your shop was feeding you. Your fuel pressure should be at 40 lbs when your in it if it's set up right. The problem with your set-up was the 60 lbs. injectors - PERIOD! I told everyone the tuning issues with the bigger injectors and I will be making a post when I have the time this weekend to address the MANY fuel issues with these cars. In particular with the 60's - you have to have a custom set-up for your car to prevent you from losing spark at 4600 RPM with centrifugals and there is NO TUNE available for the compensation. Every car reacts differently to the injectors and fuel rails and has to be custom set with A LOT of dyno time. You indicated you had a spark booster kit which is great but here's a little information for you - the 60's don't like a dual pump. For some reason, even with -8 lines, the injectors still handle the flow based on the pressure (40 lbs) and tries to compensate with the dual pumps and causes the car to lose spark with a spark booster or not. The best actual set-up for the 60 lbs injectors is a high flow pump, Bigger inline micron filter and a KB Boost-a-pump. With the #39 injectors, the dual pumps work great and I went with that set-up for a long time. Thanks to the help from GJP05, I finally found out why the dual pumps weren't working cause it takes a unique set-up that he turned me onto. (Thanks BTW if you read this)

I'm certainly not trying to flame you and I feel bad for whatever happened to that mustang in the pictures but when I was pissed at the site, I didn't come back under a new screen name and that actually takes a little work since the site records your IP address when remembering your log-in so you had to reset your cookies in addition to starting your bowser from scratch. Why didn't you just come back under your regular name? I went back and read ALL of your posts to to be sure I wasn't just thinking something weird and I didn't get a very good vibe the last time you used a different screen name to validate one of your own posts.

Sorry to all you guys, but I'm just calling a spade a spade and no one flamed you for getting a ticket and trying to beat it - they flamed you because you posted as though you were bragging about it and implied how you use your position and influence within your local police dept to get out of trouble.

Again, sorry about the car and glad no one was hurt but I will think twice before reading your posts again...