Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

Default kNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH

Most of you will know my car from the picture and I left the board because of some flaming that people didn't have the whole story about what had happened. 1st to address the speeding ticket the gun was checked and found to have had a problem and the ticket was dropped. I wasn't trying to beat anything I did. Oh yeah I run the car from time to time but not on this day.

The Company is FC Customs out of Springfiels ,IL. After dealing with them for about 9 months blowning 3 engines we finally hit on one that ran and I mean good. The engine was forged .020 and I had them back it down to 430rwhp so I would have no more problems. The custom made tons of parts because the 8 ribbed belt kit just wouldn't stay on he car.
Broke 6 belts then they thought they had it fixed. The car had been driven 140 mile after I left FC when I was coming down an on ramp going to a shoot with two other groups going to help following. I heard a slap then a roar and fire blew about 20ft in front of the car then back in on me so I hit the brakes opened the door and bailed out. Got feet legs and hands burned with a flash burn on my face and took in way to much smoke then hit my head on the road getting out. Happened 3 weeks ago almost back to normal. Just have some vision problems now and then. Keep in mind I had close to $60,000 in this car after all their mistakes. Now I know!

Before Pic.

Blower belt had lost two ribs and they think caught a fuel rail and broke. After.

I'm now have this car built from Bash Performance in Florida. Should be done early May. They have already started will let you know how it goes. This model in the same yellow and black as shown. Steve Bash seem great to work with and has agreed to bring the car to me in IL. Hope this all goes better.

http://www.bashperformance.com/Vehicles/GTSR1.html

Hope this saves someone else.

John
Old 03-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: kNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH

Ouch! Hope you are okay!

Rims saveable???
Old 03-26-2006, 12:53 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Wow Skycam. I am not a "flamer", lol, and was not real pleased to see the flaming that you recieved a while back, oh yea, I remember that well. Live and let live. Anyway, sorry for the loss and the pictures tell the tale. These cars are a breed of their own and so many shops just dive in to them without knowing what they are really doing. I have been chomping at the bit for a long time o go forced induction, but want to wait until all of the long term ramifications are known. I hope that your new one is an awesome ride that gives you years of pleasure. And by the way, hope to see you back on this board in the future. You have valuable info to share with all of the rest of us and that shared knowledge is appreciated by the vast majority of quality individuals that are members here.

Paul
Old 03-26-2006, 01:01 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Dude, that sucks... sorry about the loss...
Old 03-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

First thanks and yes the back rims are OK but who really cares. I spent close to 8 months build the exact car I wanted and then I find out since the car is at Mustang Muscle in St Louis how many mistakes these guys made building the car. Now I see I was actually an R&D program for them that just about got me killed. The part that should **** off every member on this board is I'm not a kid I'm 41 and have two great girls 16 and 12. On the same ramp 4 weeks before my 12 year old wanted to ride in the Mustang to her ball game so I did. On the ramp coming back we broke a belt and had to have the car picked up with a roll off and then taken back to FC Customs. If she would havebeeen with me the day it broke and caught fire I don't think either one of us would have gotten out. I would have never got her seat belt undone and wouldn't have quit until I did.

Just remember the guys building the car can easily kill you with thier mistakes.

John
Old 03-26-2006, 01:08 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Skycam1

Most of you will know my car from the picture and I left the board because of some flaming that people didn't have the whole story about what had happened. 1st to address the speeding ticket the gun was checked and found to have had a problem and the ticket was dropped. I wasn't trying to beat anything I did. Oh yeah I run the car from time to time but not on this day.

The Company is FC Customs out of Springfiels ,IL. After dealing with them for about 9 months blowning 3 engines we finally hit on one that ran and I mean good. The engine was forged .020 and I had them back it down to 430rwhp so I would have no more problems. The custom made tons of parts because the 8 ribbed belt kit just wouldn't stay on he car.
Broke 6 belts then they thought they had it fixed. The car had been driven 140 mile after I left FC when I was coming down an on ramp going to a shoot with two other groups going to help following. I heard a slap then a roar and fire blew about 20ft in front of the car then back in on me so I hit the brakes opened the door and bailed out. Got feet legs and hands burned with a flash burn on my face and took in way to much smoke then hit my head on the road getting out. Happened 3 weeks ago almost back to normal. Just have some vision problems now and then. Keep in mind I had close to $60,000 in this car after all their mistakes. Now I know!

Before Pic.

Blower belt had lost two ribs and they think caught a fuel rail and broke. After.

I'm now have this car built from Bash Performance in Florida. Should be done early May. They have already started will let you know how it goes. This model in the same yellow and black as shown. Steve Bash seem great to work with and has agreed to bring the car to me in IL. Hope this all goes better.

http://www.bashperformance.com/Vehicles/GTSR1.html

Hope this saves someone else.

John
HOLY ****. damn dude i am glad you are on the recovery road after all that!!!! Those are sad pictures. After all the time and money you put into that car... such a shame.

But you made a GOOD choice going with Bash Performance. I have met Steve Bash seen their Monoceros car run and it is flippin awesome. You will probably be one of the first to get the GTSR1 vehicles from them, so please keep us updated. Bash Performance is going to be installing my 3.73's and driveshaft

Good luck with everything
Old 03-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

Yes I'm getting the 2nd the first was the 1 off or test machine. I'm going with an auto and 3.73 which he told me would work best. I've never met him in person but he seem great to work with. We bought the car in Georgia a Black GT. That was his idea have a carbon fiber hood and black engine compartment from the factory with all the aluminum then he paints the car any color you want.

I'm very happy so far and will keep you updated.

Thanks
John
Old 03-26-2006, 01:17 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Skycam1

Yes I'm getting the 2nd the first was the 1 off or test machine. I'm going with an auto and 3.73 which he told me would work best. I've never met him in person but he seem great to work with. We bought the car in Georgia a Black GT. That was his idea have a carbon fiber hood and black engine compartment from the factory with all the aluminum then he paints the car any color you want.

I'm very happy so far and will keep you updated.

Thanks
John
What is going to happen with the old car? Does the FC Customs have any pennance to pay??
Old 03-26-2006, 01:19 PM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

Glad to hear you are ok and sucks to see pics of a nice ride end up like that.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:25 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

damn man, glad you are okay and extremely glad your daughter wasnt with you. the new car is going to be electronically supercharged????? how is that going to work?

Quick Reply: kNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH