Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Alarm Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:51 PM
osfan82

Default RE: Car Alarm Help

Menace... I'm pretty sure all Mustangs have an alarm equiped. The standard is just a passive alarm that is only activated if the door locked with the fob, but unlocked via the inside handle. The optional active anti-theft package adds a seperate alarm sounder, anti-tow sensor, interior motion sensors, and a high-capacity battery so your alarm can go off all night and **** your neighbors off.

Shane... No clue what the problem is, but I know my old aftermarket alarm had a button up under the drivers side dash that you could use to disable the alarm if you pressed in a certain sequence along with turning the ignition on and off... I think it was for valet.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Bruiser Stang

I AM GETTING THE REAL RUNAROUND FROM MY DEALERSHIP, AND FROM FORD....
THE DEALERS ARE SAYING THAT THE PASSIVE IS AN OPTION, AND THAT THE ACTIVE IS STANDARD....YEAH RIGHT!
I paid for the active, and it doesn't do anything....
when I open my doors or trunk with the key, and the "alarm" is set....nothing...nada...BUPKIS!
the sticker showed that I have the active anti theft system($300+)....
the dealer says the better alarm is an aftermarket piece with the siren, and I had to pay more to get it!
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE ALARM SYSTEMS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO? AND WHAT THE EXACT SPECIFICATIONS ARE FOR BOTH THE ACTIVE AND PASSIVE SYSTEMS ARE? Ford is not much more of a help, because you get a person who knows nothing about the systems on the phone when you call them.

I just reailzed that my alarm aint what it says it is, and have had the car for a few months now...
Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Um I'm guessing that if you "arm" the alarm, then use your "key" that has the chip inside to unlock the doors or trunk, the alarm reconizes the key and it disarms the alarm. I'm not 100% on that but it seems that it would make a lot of sense to do it that way. Try tampering with your car with the key no where near the vehicle.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:38 PM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

Did you accidently put the alarm in valet mode?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bruiser Stang

I AM GETTING THE REAL RUNAROUND FROM MY DEALERSHIP, AND FROM FORD....
THE DEALERS ARE SAYING THAT THE PASSIVE IS AN OPTION, AND THAT THE ACTIVE IS STANDARD....YEAH RIGHT!
I paid for the active, and it doesn't do anything....
when I open my doors or trunk with the key, and the "alarm" is set....nothing...nada...BUPKIS!
the sticker showed that I have the active anti theft system($300+)....
the dealer says the better alarm is an aftermarket piece with the siren, and I had to pay more to get it!
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE ALARM SYSTEMS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO? AND WHAT THE EXACT SPECIFICATIONS ARE FOR BOTH THE ACTIVE AND PASSIVE SYSTEMS ARE? Ford is not much more of a help, because you get a person who knows nothing about the systems on the phone when you call them.

I just reailzed that my alarm aint what it says it is, and have had the car for a few months now...
According to the 2007 manual, the Active Anti-Theft System (Incl. perimeter inclination & intrusion alarms) order code 14A is an Option.

Here's the link;

http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangsp...007Mustang.pdf
Old 02-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

I've set of my Active 14A Alarm off twice by accident. Once I was in the car and hit the lock button on the remote. Opened door from inside and the alarm went off. I always only press the remote lock button once for the lights to blink, never twice for the horn.

The other time I put the floor jackat the front drivers wheel rocker pannel to see if the "round thing on the jack" would mate up well where the emergency jack goes. It did, so I start jacking. When the front tire was about an inch off the ground, the alarm goes off. Really embarrassing because the key was upstairs. Oops.[/align]