Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Little Much!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 10:17 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Default RE: A Little Much!!

ORIGINAL: 05ROUSHER

Hey, Are you ready for this?
I just talked to the dealer where I purchased my Roush. I asked them if they were going to get any of the Shelby's. They said they are getting 5 of them. They are taking orders at $25K over sticker price. I told him that was crazy. He said they have already taken a couple of orders. What are your thoughts on this?
I personally think it is a load of crap. But this is the exact reason why it has taken me this long to simply buy the GT Model. In my area when the Mustang first came out none of the dealers were selling them for under 50k. I think anyone who pays this much is and idiot pure and simple. I do not care how popular the car is I will not pay twice what it is worth.

Richard
Old 04-03-2006, 10:25 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

I just talked to the dealer where I purchased my Roush. I asked them if they were going to get any of the Shelby's. They said they are getting 5 of them. They are taking orders at $25K over sticker price. I told him that was crazy. He said they have already taken a couple of orders. What are your thoughts on this?
I personally think it is a load of crap. But this is the exact reason why it has taken me this long to simply buy the GT Model. In my area when the Mustang first came out none of the dealers were selling them for under 50k. I think anyone who pays this much is and idiot pure and simple. I do not care how popular the car is I will not pay twice what it is worth.

Richard
Exactly what I was pointing out. Ford is banking the majority shares your mentality and will use the shelby as the 'golden carrot' to entice you to purchase something similar but more reasonable. Another reason why the shelby will never vary that much from the GT in looks...
Old 04-03-2006, 10:29 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

All I can say is that I'm glad I got in on my 05 while I could. And to think I actually hesitated thru much of 05 on getting my GT thinking that I could wait and get me a GT500 instead. Glad I didn't wait for reality to set in. Personally, I wish Ford would have announced a new Mach 1.......i would have waited for that if they would have built it. Of course, that's provided that the new Mach 1's weren't just GT's with 10 extra hp, some special badges, and a special paint job.[:'(]

But no matter, when my GT is done it will be exactly the kind of mustang I've always wanted. I can do what Ford won't
Old 04-03-2006, 11:53 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

I friggin HATE stealerships! [sm=wtf.gif]
Old 04-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

You know, I do remember ChevyKiller saying that...and looky-looky all you nay-sayers! The man was right.

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Personally, I wish Ford would have announced a new Mach 1.......i would have waited for that if they would have built it. Of course, that's provided that the new Mach 1's weren't just GT's with 10 extra hp, some special badges, and a special paint job.[:'(]
lol! [sm=icon_rofl.gif] That's rich.

And I agree with the first part as well--I would like to see a new Mach 1 to bridge the GT / GT500 performance divide (oh my, but what would happen to the "exclusivity" of the last Mach 1? [8D] ).

Old 04-04-2006, 12:54 AM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gregt909

I think it's robbery. I hope Ford makes enough of them so some of us blue collar guys can afford one.
Why would they do that? Theyre gonna make crazy cash on this car. It isnt a blue collar car so they're not going to give it blue collar prices.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:24 AM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67Sally

ORIGINAL: gregt909

I think it's robbery. I hope Ford makes enough of them so some of us blue collar guys can afford one.
Why would they do that? Theyre gonna make crazy cash on this car. It isnt a blue collar car so they're not going to give it blue collar prices.
It's to bad that they forgot that if it wasn't for us blue collar people, they would not be here today. IMO
Old 04-04-2006, 01:32 AM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

I have seen the best one yet,buy a Ford GT and get a slot to bid on a Shelby,well **** if I spend $180,000 you should give me one at MSPR.

I hate to see it but I kinda would like to at the same time, see the more money the brains buyers spent 70 grand on the new Shelbys never drive it store it and only get half of what the paid for it in 20 years,half would be the MSRP.

The sad part is here if there was not a mad rush for the rich to spend what ever it takes to get one and hold off they would be at MSRP but as per the norm they helped jack the price up to were if your bank account cannot afford a $70 some grand hit you will never see one in your drive way.

I don't blame just the Ford dealers,I blame Ford,there Dealers and the buyers who are willing to go along with this rip off,and before you ask,no I would not buy one for that price, I could but no, I like the Shelbys but not that much,no way.

I am going to buy an 07 and mod it a little then when the warrenty runs out then I will add the HP,but no fake Cobra or Shelby badges,(that annoys me)if for some reason the Shelbys are at and selling for the MSRP I might mind you might buy it for that,depends.

CrimeScene
Old 04-04-2006, 04:55 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Richard
i got my 2005 gt for 26,060 out the door in october 04...?
i noticed up to 10k markups in the following months, but 50k$????? i dont think i ever saw near that even in the rediculous ebay auctions. for an early saleen or roush, yes, but gt? no way.

btw, i agree that the shelby for 25k over sticker is so crazy...that...arg...i want to smack my dad for not jumping on one when it was offered to him at msrp[:@]. since when is "45k more will bankrupt us" an excuse?
Old 04-04-2006, 11:32 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Philostang

I agree that for me it is way too much to ever consider. And again, if I want to invest, I'll do it with stocks (which I'm not tempted to drive around town).

However, this looks consistent with the auctions that are appearing on ebay--the BIN prices are $20K - $25K over MSRP. So that may sound crazy, but obviously the dealers seem pretty convinced they will be able to move the cars at this price. If they're right, then it's not they who are to be blamed as "crazy" but those willing to pay this much for a Mustang.

Best,
-j
Well when the Chevy C6 ZO6 came out the dealers thought the same thing for about 2 months after its release now not 6 months later you can get one @ invoice with no issue. Dealers will try it because there is always someone who wants to be the first to have one but with the corvettes half the ones that when for 20K over MSRP were traded in within 4 months with huge losses.

I say let the dealers try they will succeed and sell a few but a few months later the average joe like us will have no problem haggling back down to invoice on the car.