Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WASHER WARTS

Old 04-13-2006, 01:09 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Default WASHER WARTS

Maybe I'm being ****, but, I hate those damn windshield washer warts on the hood. All the manufacterers have been doing it for years.

It looks like uh-oh ! We forgot washers after the car is built, and they decided to drill holes in the hood, and install them like an aftermarket add on.

My '05 F-150, and my '00 Explorer have them where they belong (outta sight) WHY can't they do that on cars ?

As a matter of fact, I told my dealer, since I was ordering, delete the washers. FORD said No....... #1 It is a safety issue / liability.
#2 They coudn't remove the hole puncher from the hood die.

IT JUST PI**ES ME OFF, WHEN YOU LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL HOOD, AND IT'S BROKEN UP WITH THOSE DAMN WARTS.
GIMME SOME COMPOUND "W" !!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WASHER WARTS

Ya I liked it on some of the GM vehicles i had where the washer was on the wiper itself.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:57 PM
05CLASSIC
2nd Gear Member

Does anybody know of anyone that makes them in different colors. It would be nice to change them to match your hood?!?! At least they would be less noticable.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:02 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Yes, actually I believe your Ford dealer sells them in different colors. You have to get the ones for the lincoln I believe. They are the same size and shape, just painted. I don't know if Lincoln offers all of the same colors as on the mustang.

The other otion is to take them off and paint them yourself. You'll have to sand it lightly first so the paint will stick. Ive seen some people in my area doing this.

Old 04-13-2006, 02:40 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Ya ain't gonna Find a Torch Red Lincoln, but, you are right my '99 contiental, and '02 LS were the matching color.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Just buy an aftermarket hood and don't install them on the hood. Problem solved. It will cost you a lot of money, but if you really can't stand them, it will work.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:38 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I don't really notice them all that much because my car is black but i will tell you that they suck *** in the winter. They get buried in snow really easily and will freeze up on you which is really stupid considering the engine heat right under them.

rant off.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:59 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

I think they look like little black nipples myself
Old 04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Well, I know when I get my DCF hood I'm going to have to relocate them. Alot of the aftermarket hoods right now won't support the current washer nozzle placement. People are relocating them to the plastic section at the front of the windshield, like the older mustangs. I don't know how much of a pain it is to do, I need to find someone who has already done it.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:35 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ughh i didn't notice them until i read this post. now they're going to bother the **** out of me. JERK!! haha jk. they don't bother me tooo much, especially on this hood, its otherwise so plain.........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WASHER WARTS