Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Scene Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 05:11 PM
my1stmustang

Default Street Scene Parts

I own a 2005 Yellow Mustang 4.0 and I am mixing exterior parts from body kits to basically get the look that I want. I just installed the Roush Spoiler and the projector head lights. The head lights are the projection ones that alot of people seem to not like, but they look much better with the black back than the chrome one, plus it goes great with my car because I have black 19 x 8.5 Zanetti Mystic's

I am trying to find a Rear Valance for my car the allows a dual exaust and complements other ideas I have for my car. The one I think I like the most at least the way it looks is the Street Scene Gen 2 Mustang Rear Valance
. My question is does anybody have any info on the quality of street scene products. I realy don't want ot end up like one of those guys with a torn up bumber saging and hanigng of his mustang. Any info would be much appreciated.

Also I almost purchased the 3dCarbon™ 2005 Mustang 'GT' Rear Lower Skirt but found out from the manufacture that they dont recomend installing it on a v6. I think it might be because it is made to install on the little extra lip you GT guys have on the bottom of the rear bumper going all the way around. If any body hase this rear skirt and knows wheather or not the piece of the bumber is a must have for the install please let me know.

Old 04-22-2006, 05:16 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Street Scene Parts

Any pics so far??
Old 04-22-2006, 05:20 PM
desi777

I have a razzi ground effects kit, it looks great. the back is similiar to the street scene gen 1 back but a bit deeper. it also has duel exhaust outlets. check it out at: http://www.razzi.com/vehicles/ford/m...2dr_1256.shtml
sounds great and good luck

P.S. I have the v6 too and its red fire. also, be very careful with whom you get the stuff installed. I had and still have a problem with guy who installed my stuff.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:33 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Post some pictures please. [:-]
Old 04-22-2006, 05:37 PM
my1stmustang

I will try to get some picture up tonight when I get back home. But the car is in the shop right now getting the spoiler and lights installed. The day it is all in I wil lbe posting my pics. Hopefuly everyone will like it as much as I know I do.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:39 PM
my1stmustang

desi777
I like the rear of it, it looks great. It's just not exactly what I was going for. I am deciding between the 3d carbon and gen 2 street scene.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:48 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

once i replace my driveshaft im gonna get the rear valance from street scene.. so i know where to cut when i go duals.. (i got the duals lol but the single is on only right now)

then after ill gtet the fang front chin
Old 04-22-2006, 09:48 PM
0to60
2nd Gear Member

my1stmustang,

I've spent a lot of time thinking about some of the same issues as you. I also have the V6 and recently installed dual exhaust.

I looked into the Street Scene Gen 2 bumper as well. I like the center exhaust look a lot! However, I talked to Street Scene and they said that this bumper valance (like the 3dC one) is designed to mount onto the GT bumper only.

So, whether you go with the Street Scene Gen 2 or the 3dC, you will need to purchase the GT rear bumper. If you haven't already, you might consider the Street Scene Gen 1 V6 valance, or the 3dC V6 valance (although I'm not sure if that one is compatible with duals).

What I have decided is to go ahead and purchase the GT rear bumper. You can get them off ebay or at V6mustangstuff.com for about $250 shipped (GT takeoffs so they're already painted). I figure I'll install that and see how I like it for a couple weeks. If I like it at that, I'll leave it, but if not, then I'll have the option to purchase the 3dC or SSGen2 valance and add that on.

There are also a couple of way-out-there possibilities that you might want to think about. 3dCarbon makes a "boy racer" kit with a rear bumper replacement (RBR). Because this is an entire bumper (not just a valance like all the ones above), it can attach to the V6 as well as the GT. The only problem is that it's meant to work with the 1" fender flares that come with the entire body kit. I contacted 3dC about using it without the fender flares and they said it's "not recommended".

The final option would be to wait for takeoff GT500 parts to be available. The GT500 rear bumper looks amazing! It's body color on the top, but the bottom part is flat black just like the V6 rocker panels. I have no idea when this would be available, but I will probably buy one as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Hope this helps. I have some pics and links but I'm in a hurry right now. If you're interested in any of these specifically and can't find them, let me know and I'll send you what I have.

If you do go with the Street Scene Gen 2, definitely send me pics! I would love to see what the center exhaust turns out like!

-Tim