Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xenon Spoiler - does not fit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 02:31 AM
pgonz

Default xenon Spoiler - does not fit!!!

Anyone interested in agetting a spoiler make sure the company you buy from will exhange if it does not fit and get the body shop to fit it before you put it on. I bought a xenon spoiler from California Mustang and just found out it is bent wrong where it needs to be flush with the car. Only smal 3m tape to secure so if you forced it would pop off later as heat expanded. Ca. Mustang will not refund or even exchange. What pisses me off is they acted like they expected it and the body shop said often they charge double for shipping because they expect to have to return them. Im going with no spoiler- fill the wholes and move on- Maybe I will look unique. Later
Old 05-06-2006, 11:41 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: xenon Spoiler - does not fit!!!

The areas where is bent wrong, can be bent to fit. I'm guessing its the outside edges (left and right), or maybe its the middle. Wherever it isnt fitting flush, you need to apply some weights.

1. Sit the spoiler on a flat surface, garage floor is good. Then, place 1/4" or 1/2" thick pieces of wood (shelving board) under the area where it is fitting flush. The size of these is determined by how much bend/bow you have. (The surface between the spoiler bottom and where it fits to the trunk.) You really want overbend it so it will spring back to a neutral state.

2. Use duct tape and tape 25# weights (maybe more) onto the spoiler where it is "bowed" the wrong way. Try to keep them directly above the bent areas so they push straight down, this will take some time and some rigging, but it can be done.

3. You will have to adjust, and prop against it to make sure it sits as level as possible. Use cardboard boxes filled with books, or old tires, anything that will keep it in place.

4. Don't touch it for 4-5 days.

5. After 5 days, enough of the bend will be removed to allow the double faced tape to hold it flush.

6. An alternate method would be to do basically, the same as above, but place the spoiler on a flat board, and use large c-clamps to remove the incorrect bend. Go buy some.(and then, return the c-clamps when finished. Just say they were the wrong size)

Give it a try, and go slow.

That's all I know, and itll work.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:41 PM
sidmanic
2nd Gear Member

I feel for you, shouldn't be that difficult to add an upgrade that is "supposed" to fit to begin with.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:20 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

That really sucks. Lejay has a good fix, but you shouldn't have to go through all that. When they make the spoiler it should match a fixture before shipping you would think..
Old 05-07-2006, 12:02 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Send them a link to this thread after you get alot of negative feedback from us. I would guess they would at least refund your money due to the negative publicity. These forums are what fuel the sales at many of these aftermarket companies. If they see that your unhappy, and tell everone that would be possible customers, and if they had any brains, they would make it right in order not to loose orders from more customers. Only 1 lost order from this post and they loose money. Also, contact your credit card company and make a claim, chance are you will get your money back. I've done this several times over the years and it works. The credit card company doen't want to loose your business as well. And yes, Lejay may have a fix, BWTF, why go through all of that when the damn thing should fit right in the first place, period!!

One final note, I know I won't buy anything from Cal Mustang or Xenon (especially if its a poor fit and quality issue) given your experience. I'm behind you on this one. I'm guessing your pissing about $300 dollars away on the spoiler if you decide not to use it? What a waste!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:18 PM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

mine fit, but I did have to do the weight on the corners to get it to stay there.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:33 PM
MetalMech
1st Gear Member

Good to know - thanks for the info. Wouldn't want to go through all of that just to install something that should be able to fit right out of the box.