Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story

ORIGINAL: DStang05

I get an email saying that he pulled my order out of the truck and was able to cancel my order. That was after the phone call.
They cancelled your order and returned your money even though their return policy states that they don't take returns on dash kits. Sounds to me like EXCEPTIONAL customer service. Yet you continue to complain about their poor customer service. Well based on your posts here, I suspect you don't exactly have excellent phone etiquette, so I'm not totally surprised that they would return the favor. Count yourself lucky to be getting your money back.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:33 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

I agree Tres Wright, alot of times the order goes directly to the manufacturer from the dealer's site, they ship it , and the dealer never touches it, or has it in stock. SS did a fine job in canceling, and refunding when they didn't have to.
In business.......... PROFIT is not a "dirty word"
Take ROUSH 1/4 Louvers for example, on the ROUSH site they are $167.51 plus shipping, I bought mine from a ROUSH Dealer for $147.98 shipped. But, some ppl will insist on buying directly from ROUSH, does that make Jack a "crook" ? Hell no, he's a very smart business person.
DStang made a bad decision, and is outta line to bash SS.
Maybe an administrator should pull this thread.
JMO
Old 05-10-2006, 06:35 PM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

How is it going to come directly from the manufacture when the dealer pull it out of his UPS truck?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:06 PM
cwall583
1st Gear Member

Caveat Emptor.

After reading all of this and watching it for a few days, it seems to me the only lesson here is shop around and know what you're buying and what it's worth. As someone else said I shop around and kind of enjoy the "HUNT". I always look for the best price, compare quality, and consider issues like who pays for shipping and can I bundle a couple of orders to save shipping costs. No luck iinvolved.

I believe in capitalism and that the market will dictate the fate of a business. If they charge too much and offer lousy service, over time they will disappear. It's not a crime to charge more than someone else, it may be bad business in the long run. Mostly I don't believe in luck when it comes to this kind of thing. I believe in research and knowing what something is really worth before I put my money down (or plastic). That is why I belong to this forum!

I work hard for my money and even though I make a good salary a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks! That's one third of a good CAI?

Buying on the internet is like the wild west in some cases. It's really incumbent on the buyer to know what they are doing and make the best deal for themselves. Blaming the vendor for charging too much is a little further than I might go, but then I would likely not have made the purchase. Anyway it was an interesting discussion and it will certainly mak me wary of this vendor.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:35 PM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

well said.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:23 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

I said "alot of times", and you probably whined so much, he told you that just to shut you up.
Sheeeesh.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:44 PM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

I am 6' 260lbs and dont whin *** wipe, but I think I have heard enough from your pie hole. SHEEEEEsh
Old 05-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Well, I think that about does it for this thread.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:17 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

If U R 6' and 260#, you R a "FATASS",..........
or more likely 259# 14 oz of mouth, w/ 2 oz of brains. Put your overpriced dashkit over your mouth, and around your ***. We all know it wouldn't cover it, but, for the price you would cry because it didn't.

My last post on this thread, one last remark, does the "D" stand for DUMB ??

JMO
Old 05-11-2006, 11:20 PM
danalor
1st Gear Member

Sorry for your experience. But you state you are only trying to share info, when in fact if you reread your original post you were actually trying to get a ban on anyone buying from SS Inserts, there is a big difference between the two. You probably posted thinking you would get a different response than you are, nice try.

Quick Reply: Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story