Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:46 PM
redbullet
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story

I went to a hockey game and a fight broke out, I want my money back.....[sm=icon_beat.gif]
Old 05-12-2006, 01:30 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

if it wasnt shipped, and you havent received product, your allowed your money back, the contract is final when you receive product
Old 05-12-2006, 02:38 AM
Rench
1st Gear Member

Lay off the guy!!!!! He's big and he has money and when things don't go his way he has more rights than someone of smaller stature and less financial clout. Geez....Why don't you guys get it?
Old 05-12-2006, 03:01 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

yeah...bottom line is....you sorta burned yourself by not looking anywhere else.......u have the stuff now, its installed, probably looks good, gotta just take the blow and move on i guess......
Old 05-12-2006, 03:28 AM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

Lejay your a **** for brains and some of the members are in the process of getting you ban from this forum. Your worthless....sad
Old 05-12-2006, 11:31 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

I fired at you, after you fired at me.
You started this thread trying to ban a company, you are ending this thread trying to ban me.

BTW this is the U S of A. :

"pursuit of happiness" = the "right to pursue free enterprise"
"freedom of speech" (do I have to explain that ?)

THANK YOU SO MUCH for making me a celebrity, few ppl have a thread named after them. Even bad attention is good. Like Dale Earnhardt told Jeff Gordon : "WHEN THEY STOP BOOING START WORRYING"
Old 05-12-2006, 12:07 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

DStang, if I was you I would go back to the original post and try to change the title of this thread, it's just one of the reasons some people will give you a hard time with this whole post. It would be like someone telling everyone not to buy Mustangs because some dealer charged them 2K over invoice or more, the dealer didn't force them to buy the buy the car. Same applies to your experience with SS Inserts. It was up to you to go and place the order for a product you now think it's over priced.

As for them not wanting to cancel the order at first, I gotta tell you, I have my own business on the side too and if there's one thing I hate is someone trying to cancel an order for no reason, especially when it means I'm not going to make any money off them. I don't have any problems cancelling duplicate orders because I know at least it was an honest mistake and I'm still making a sale. But I would have to think twice to cancel an order if someone came to me and said they wanted to cancel an order because they found a somewhat similar product for less. It's kind of different in my case because I state that no refunds will be made after they download the product (I sell web applications for websites that can be downloaded after they place their order). But in any case, SS Inserts had to go through the hassle of looking for your order, packing it first then unpacking it after your call, then going to their merchant gateway and cancelling the charge on your credit card. It all time they had to spend because of your mistake, you're lucky they WERE able to cancel your order.
The point is, there are always going to be companies out there charging a little more for most products we buy for our Stangs and they all have the right to do that. It's up to you to find the best deal for you, be it paying a little over and getting great service, paying less for no service, paying in between for some service, etc. But don't tell everyone not to buy from a specific company because they're charging more for a specific product. That would be like me posting a new thread asking people not to buy anything from Evolution Performance because they charged me $300 for installing the pulleys and LCAs on my car, they told me what the price was and I agreed to it before they did the work! Could I have gotten those parts installed for less, of course, I just didn't have the time.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:18 PM
ktyklr06

After reading all this, I felt compelled to reply.....

DStang, instead of complaining about SS Inserts, you should be singing their praises.....You state that they have a no refund policy, but yet they gave you a refund..A FULL REFUND....they could have charged you a "restocking fee" to pay for all of the time they spent processing your order and then having to cancel it....
Consider this, maybe the person you dealt with thought the order had shipped because that was the info he had in front of him.....after you hung up with him, he was NICE ENOUGH to check into it further and then go and get your order off of the truck and refund your money, something he didn't have to do, but he chose to. To me that sounds like excellent customer service.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:07 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Herknav

Caveat emptor
AMEN.. It has never been easier to compare prices than with the internet. If you really want something take a few minutes to shop around. In the amount of time it took you to write this flame of SS, you could have found your items cheaper.

Learn from your mistake and move on.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:25 PM
pcdrj
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DStang05

My old job was manufacturing. My new job is real estate.
Real estate - typically 3% to listing agent, 3% to selling agent. After I list a property with you and find an agent to take is for 4% total you'll refund the difference right?

Quick Reply: Don't Buy from SS Insert.Com. Hear my Story