Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The dealership Game......

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 04:39 PM
skm52670
1st Gear Member

Default RE: The dealership Game......

ORIGINAL: v6mustangmatt

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow if it isn't raining and i just wanted some advice from everyone out on how to get the dealer to get me the lowest price possible. What should i say and how should i act? Btw i'm only 16 years old and i'm not going with my parents til next week. Please, any information is welcome, thank you.
Go here.. www.edmunds.com

Spec out the car you want. The prices on Edmunds are accurate to the penny!

How I know this is that I went to the lot, wrote down everything on the sticker (actually took a photo)
Then went to edmunds.com and entered the same information and guess what....The sticker prices matched perfectly!

Now you know exactly what your car cost and will know if the prices the dealer gives you are good.

I even printed out the spec sheet, took it to my salesman and said I'm here to by a mustang and I wanna pay this much for this car.. I go my car for $100 over cost!

Here's another tip, if your patient and can wait...order the car rather than buy off the lot. The dealer will work with you easier on an ordered car rather than one on the lot 'cause he knows he already has the car sold.

I got my car for $100 over cost. Got the warranty AT cost. I just had to wait 7 weeks for my car.

Oh and like someone else mentioned...talk TOTAL price not monthly payments!

Good Luck

Old 05-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

go on a rainy day they'll love you.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:26 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Hmmm your age is going to make them walk all over you and probably not take you seriously. I'd say wait and let your parents do the dealing instead and sit there listening to how they do it since it will probably be in their name. I'm not sure what age a co signer type contract can be done especially on a brand new car. Don't take Ford's finance, our bank gave us a better deal then them. The way they were trying to push it on us made us feel like thats where they really make their money. We did some searching on the internet to get a good idea what the car cost was running in the area. Use this site to see whats in their inventory and the prices. http://www.fordvehicles.com/dealersh...cate/index.asp

Old 05-11-2006, 08:33 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

Good luck. If you get it you will be the happiest kid in high school until one of your careless school chums dings, scratches, scrapes and/or hits your car. Take the smart choice and get a beater until you are mature enough to own a new car. Odds are you will have an accident (even a minor one will be painfull) before you turn 19. The savings in insurance alone will make for a nice down payment.