Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Change at dealership

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:54 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Oil Change at dealership

Just change it yourself. Less stress. I would rather go to the dentist than bring my car to a dealer. If there is a recall I usually just buy the part myself and do it as dad is a mechanic.

I have nothing against those who work for a dealer, I have many aquaintances that do. But personally, unless the car has a major problem that I cant fix, or something major under warrentee breaks, the car doesent see a dealer.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:24 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06boyracer

as a ford tech. i dont care what dealership you take it to, they all go by the same warranty. most dealerships dont care about mods untill it comes in with a problem, and somthing aftermarket, or tampered with is an issue of why it was brought in. example: you put a super charger on it, and the engine fails, then you have a problem. as far as exaust goes, cat back systems will not void warranty. body kits, voids absolutly nothing, lowering your car, voids nothing, cold air intake, voids nothing as long as it is not force induction, and the engine is sucking through a clean air filter. as far as oil changes go, the customer can request/bring thier own oil and/or filter,
ask for an oil sample. most dealerships wont go through the hassle of paper trails and phone tag if you bring in a modded car for an oil change. but like i said, if you have after market mods, and bring it in for a drivabilty issue, theres a problem. i know of many people that have modded cars, most do them themselves, but keep the factory parts, and if somthing goes wrong, then they take it all off, slap the factory parts back on, then have it towwed in. classic example is the 6.0L diesel powestrokes. people put banks 6 shooters on them, part of the install on those are to drill a hole in the drivers side exaust manifold, and install a pryometer (exaust temp sensor) in it. ford does not have a pyrometer located there, and would give ford a probable cause of having an aftermarket device installed, therefore they void the warranty.-just thought the info might help.
Thanks for the info man. I'm taking my car to the dealer for the 5K mile service on Saturday. Don't have much in mods and won't be putting any stock parts back on.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:31 AM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

For about $20 i can have someone else change it. Small price for the hassle IMO.