Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Scratch

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 09:08 PM
64ford
1st Gear Member

Default First Scratch

How did you feel when you got youe first scratch on your Mustang?[&o][][:@] All I can say is at least I did it and no one else.You think when you keep one in the garage you got it covered. Word to the wise...don't try to walk by your pride and joy with anything in your hand but air!
Old 05-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: First Scratch

I've come to the conclusion that it is next to impossible to keep a black car perfect... It's got some chips in the lip of the hood now, and had a nice bit of paint chipped off the driver's side door near the handle... where someone banged something against it in a parking lot at work. Though I filled it in with touch up paint I have yet to gotten it smooth... but it's not really that noticible.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:26 PM
puppet
1st Gear Member

I hit my car with a baseball bat today. I was carrying it for my kid so she would not have an accident with it near my car. Then, i absentmindedly reached into thew back seat to grab something and *ding.* Then "@#$%#@^#^&$%*^&*(*#&!@^!^$%%$$%^@%$^~!!!!!!!!!!!! !"

I am an idiot.

(No damage, but still, you cannot argue with the above conclusion. I know I can't.)
Old 05-13-2006, 09:49 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Puppet .. you and I have the same car .. except I have a 06 GT.. nice color and nice rims.. lol

anyway , no scratch YET on mine.. what I did was buy a cheap whole car cover from EBAY ( I think it cost me about $30.00 shipped ) what I due is keep the cover on even in the garage just in case of that ever happening... you may want to look into that after you get your scratch fixed.. just a thought for you...

btw: cover comes off in seconds... and seems to keep a lot of the dust off as a added bonus..

best of luck

Rex
Old 05-13-2006, 10:21 PM
roland
1st Gear Member

I felt even worse than slime. The first scratch(es) on my wife's Pony were totally my fault. Her car always gets the one car garage, and I had only backed the Stang out once before. I cut the wheel a little too far and scraped the crap out of the corner of the front bumper on the brick wall. My stomach fell out and I was quite pissed for a few days. My wife was pissed that I was so pissed at myself and she couldn't yell at me.

I spent the bonus I gave myself on fixing it. Neither one of us were really in a good mood until it came back from the shop. Since then she has aquired two dings (no paint thank goodness) from people who seem to be incapable of opening their own doors carefully. THis kills me. I sometimes do acrobatics in the parking deck at work to insure that I don't hit anyone's car when I get in or out of my SUV. A couple of extra seconds isn't too much to ask, is it?
Old 05-13-2006, 10:33 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Relax, there are many products out there that do a great job. Scratch remover, scratch away, scratch be gone ,...etc.

JUST REMEMBER, what ever you buy, DONT try to remove it, with 1 application, rub it in slow, and gently, let it haze, and go at it, again, again, and again. Slow and easy (sorta like seduction).

After that, use some of that color "scratch wax", yeah,... I know itsa "TV" kinda product,. but, it works, until you wash, and then apply it again. USE the good stuff for the rest of your car.

It beats a trip to the bodyshop.............. anyway. and you will feel better,.. trust me.

JMO
Old 05-14-2006, 12:03 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Well, after almost two years and 14,000 miles, I got the first scratch on my CTS-V the other day. Some &$*# hit it when it was parked; toasted the fender, headlight lens and bezel, front fascia, and of course the clear bra. It'll be in excess of $4k and in the shop for two weeks.

Maybe I'll give that "Scratch be Gone" a try first.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

Some &$*# hit it when it was parked; toasted the fender, headlight lens and bezel, front fascia, and of course the clear bra. It'll be in excess of $4k and in the shop for two weeks.

Maybe I'll give that "Scratch be Gone" a try first.
Priceless...
Old 05-14-2006, 01:59 AM
puppet
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rex7010

Puppet .. you and I have the same car .. except I have a 06 GT.. nice color and nice rims.. lol

anyway , no scratch YET on mine.. what I did was buy a cheap whole car cover from EBAY ( I think it cost me about $30.00 shipped ) what I due is keep the cover on even in the garage just in case of that ever happening... you may want to look into that after you get your scratch fixed.. just a thought for you...

btw: cover comes off in seconds... and seems to keep a lot of the dust off as a added bonus..

best of luck

Rex
This thread is worthless without pictures.

Thx. Not as flashy as yellow or arrest me red, but the hotties recognize the inherent coolness, while the cops don't see it coming a mile away.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:44 AM
yur1279
2nd Gear Member

first day I had my car I opened the door into my freinds mailbox, talk about feeling dumb...

Quick Reply: First Scratch