Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Scratch

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: First Scratch

Man, mine was parked in my garage and a pushbroom got knocked off the wall and put a pair of 2" long gouges in the paint on the rear quarter, then some tard at the grocery store parked his shopping cart full of groceries in the side of my drivers door. Fortunatly the rubber protector just rubbed off all over my car. Both of them were removed with mequires hand polish, their is nothing better for the day to day BS!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:22 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedFireChik

My uncle got loaded at Thanksgiving and backed in to my car. It was 4 months old at the time. I cried, then I wanted to kill him. It's in the shop as we speak getting fixed cuz the bast*rd just paid up. I should have it back Wednesday and I'm miserable without it.
I have felt your pain girlfriend! When my GT was in the shop I had to drive a stupid Dodge Stratus for a week. It was soooo painful to be seen driving that POS car! I still get creeped out when I think of it.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

my first scratch came from a guy in the mall parking lot. and he KNEW he did it. i was walking out to the car from SEARS, greatest store ever, and this guy opens his door, half falls out the car and leans on mine. looks down, goes "oh my!" and walks off. i saw it, look at my drivers side door, saw 2 good sized scratches probably put there but his jeans buttons, and proceded to install two on his car. thought hey, he gave me a free body mod, ill just return the favor right?
Old 05-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

I don't have any scratches but I don't have a few small knicks. I had it only 11 months and I am doing good with keeping people from touching it or getting to close to it. Every time my wife and son gets into it, I say "Watch the paint or watch the leather seats or don't scratch the interior."
I should just make a cd and have it playing when they get in. Some people think I should not be so touchy about the Mustang. Yeah, they also didn't walk off the lot with at least $26,000 debt for 6 years, I did. So I think I have the right to do so.

About parking in parking lots. Oh, I am so carefull where I park. I park away from other cars if I can or next to a hot car. At least they appreciate our cars. I don't think they would want any dings in their doors either.

For parking at home, I park in the driveway in the back. No problem with people walking by or late night gangs out for a joy ride.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
RedFireChik
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicStanGirl

ORIGINAL: RedFireChik

My uncle got loaded at Thanksgiving and backed in to my car. It was 4 months old at the time. I cried, then I wanted to kill him. It's in the shop as we speak getting fixed cuz the bast*rd just paid up. I should have it back Wednesday and I'm miserable without it.
I have felt your pain girlfriend! When my GT was in the shop I had to drive a stupid Dodge Stratus for a week. It was soooo painful to be seen driving that POS car! I still get creeped out when I think of it.

I got stuck with a KIA Optima rental. The windows aren't even the slightest bit tinted. I want to die. Tomorrow better get here fast.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:04 AM
04GTDanno

[quote]ORIGINAL: rex7010

Puppet .. you and I have the same car .. except I have a 06 GT.. nice color and nice rims.. lol

Mine too, 06 GT also! Even the interior color is the same.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:30 PM
hortonjl

Great site, my 1st scratch happened when some lovely person backed in to the front and left a 2" hole and massive scratches. had it fixed, now my poor car is a scratch magnet.....[:@] Anyone know how to find out how many Sonic Blue GT convertibles were made? The dealer where I ordered mine from sold 1, mine
Old 05-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Silky_Johnston
2nd Gear Member

The small scratch I put on my GT bothered me for about 2 days. I have found a total of 5 (4 from the open road, 1 self inflicted) so far...

but I realize that this happens when you own a black car.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:25 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

Well, I too have a Black GT which is my daily driver and I live in a very urban environment so I had accepted the fact that it wasn't going to stay perfect even before I got the car. little paint damage to the bumpers and the hood is inevitable. I don't even have a garage unfortunately. I do keep her covered though.

I do have a touch of the OCD so if I start obsessing about keeping it too clean or keeping it perfect then eventually I will have polished the paint down to nothing but bare metal so I try not to worry about it too much, you know?

I have a little damage to the underside of the front bumper and there's a little scuff on the rear. I was annoyed at first, but now I don't mind so much. It adds to the car's toughness and it shows that this is my CAR, not some showpeice or some toy. This is the sh*t I drive every day.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:50 PM
goxley11
2nd Gear Member

I haven't gotten a scratch yet. I keep it under cover in the garage and park in the back 40 wherever I go. I guess I've been lucky so far.

Quick Reply: First Scratch