Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about going topless

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 02:35 AM
CDW63
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking about going topless

I bought a 06 GT vert, its a great car to have in Arizona, you miss a lot of fun in a sunny environment with a hard top. If you are into racing than the hardtop is probably the way to go, but for cruising and enjoying the beautiful sound of the V8, its convertible all the way. Ford did a really good job with the vert top, the back window is glass and the road noise with the top up is minimal.

-Craig-
Old 05-25-2006, 02:42 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

I have an 06 GT Black Convertible with red leather, and I wouldn't trade her in for anything. I love It, my Camaro was convertible and after that I caught the bug. I had a jeep grand cherokee and couldn't stand it anymore. I had to be able to drive around topless, It's the best thing in the world, plus the ladies think it's hot. As for the extra weight, I don't really care, I don't plan on taking her to the track ( seeing as how there aren't any around here anyways.

I waited 2 months until I found my baby. Salesman were trying to sell me coupes left and right, but living down here in Florida a drop top is a year round car. I love and have never looked back

GO TOPLESS..........[sm=Awwww.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/33890/E0B41B4CAABB44008DD1ABC47FF02CED.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-25-2006, 05:00 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Well look at it this way;
If it's NOT a convertible it's just a Mustang!
Convertibles are great IMHO.
05SDI
Old 05-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

This is my first Vert after 2 coupes, (96 GT and 99 Cobra) and a Subaru, and I love it. This car was made to go topless. If I was planning on racing, I would have gotten a coupe. But I like getting screams from girls and honks from guys instead...
Old 05-25-2006, 09:50 AM
muze one

VERT!
Old 05-25-2006, 09:55 AM
vicmeldrew
1st Gear Member

OK, i am kinda skeptical about this. invoice for a deluxe GT no options with auto is $29,055. Dont think a vert will go at your suggested price.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:26 AM
RGMoose

Go with the vert. Bought my first one in July, love it every day, I think it looks great with the top up or down. The top is easy to use and the ride is pretty quite with the top up. The wind turbulance with the top down in the front seat is not a problem, can carry on a conversation in normal tones at any speed. Ford did a great job with this. The rear seat passengers is another story, they just better be quite and hold on. Good Luck.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Leddhedd

I got a vert because I've always liked riding in them. It's my second car, and I only take it out when the weather's decent. If it were my everyday driver I'd have probably gotten the hardtop. On a nice day though, there's no beating a convertible. Especially a 300 HP one! Definitely get the manual, though.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:54 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

I love my vert and happy I didn't go with the coupe that I was originally looking at. If you do a lot of cruising, then the mustang GT vert is the perfect car IMO. That is a pretty good deal at 28k too. This is my first vert, but I might never own another coupe. I get complements every day, and don't think anyone would say that it's ugly with the top up. JMO
Good luck!
dont be so sure on that, and alot of guys will say that if you get a vert, or a yellow one its a girls car, but from all the girls the only thing you get is "can i go for a ride, can i go for a ride, please please please." also people say that a vert is only good for X amount of months and to them i say bull, as long as it is above freezing out the top goes down
Old 05-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like most vert owners love owning a vert that's what I figured!

So far haven't heard anything too negative from anyone...aside from the opinions on the lines of the vert compared to the coupe (like the coupe lines better myself), everything seems positive. This will end up being my 2nd car/weekend drive as I'm going to be picking up a 4 cyl cash car soon because of gas prices and the amnt of miles I drive. Kindof thinking if I'm going to have a weekend car, might as well make it as fun as possible ya know?

Oh yeah, for those wondering about the list price on these two cars....forgot to mention, they ARE used...one has 7400 miles no IUP, one has 14k miles with IUP...anyway, thanks for your opinions!

I'll post again after testdriving......we'll see what happens.

Quick Reply: Thinking about going topless