Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drop in filter

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 01:06 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default drop in filter

parents won't let me mod the stang. wanna do whatever i can to make a little diff in hp and MPG. will a drop in filter help at all? which is the best brand? how much will it cost? can i do it without my parents knowing?
Old 05-26-2006, 01:34 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: drop in filter

The best tubeless intake is steeda. Its pretty big, so it help alot. Thatll be about 300 bux. Add a tuner and ull get like 20-28 rwhp. Ur parents wont know a thing.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:46 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

well i meant like a simple drop in filter, not an actual CAI. they will notice a cai, i need to keep the stock airbox. something thats less than like 80 bucks maybe, hows the one from K&N?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:25 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

anyone? its kind of a n0ob/insignificant question, but im just curious.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:39 PM
jet22
2nd Gear Member

dude, you got a GT... how old are you? thats cool, but that thing has plenty of power for you, my V6 gets me into trouble sometimes, I am 17.

If you dont want them to notice get a K+N dropin air filter, you can get it at kragen $50

also convince them that exhaust and intake help gas milage... If you are paying for your own gas they will understand
Old 05-26-2006, 01:40 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

lol im only 17, probably the luckiest guy on earth to have a 5speed GT at my age. only paid 8K for it (out of my own pocket), the car was $25,800 and my sisters car trade in paid for the rest (shes goin to college, doesn't need it anymore). i think i got one hell of a good deal lol.

well, my parents arent really into this thing called logic, (duh, they bought a 17 year old a 300HP car lol) so they arent buying the intake gas mileage thing.

would i be able to sneak on some 4.10 gears without them noticing? like i take it in for an oil change, have them do the gears, and come back a little late, saying they were busy? my dad drives the car sometimes, pretty rarely actually, would he flip? cause im pretty damn screwed if he notices. i could play dumb, but eventually im ****ed. the reason they don't want me to mod the car is because they dont think its necessary, they think its a waste of my money. but if im paying with the money i earned working my *** off, whats the diff to them? oh well. i can't complain. im 17 and have a mustang GT.

btw y do people complain of the 6er being underpowered? i think its pretty damn quick. i need a v8 cause i need the sound, but i think the 6er is still pretty damn nice.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:22 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

The 4.10 gears will be very noticable. If you are going to change anything I would buy the CAI and just put in on and once they find out just say oops! Most likely they wont do a thing but tell you to stop.
Now I am not saying to be dishonest but you do what you got to. Just be glad you have the exta 100HP then mine and you should be happy.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:48 PM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

A K&N drop in filter will net you 3-5 horsepower. I'm not sure if you will notice a difference but its an improvement.
-E

Old 05-26-2006, 05:38 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: elektra

The 4.10 gears will be very noticable. If you are going to change anything I would buy the CAI and just put in on and once they find out just say oops! Most likely they wont do a thing but tell you to stop.
Now I am not saying to be dishonest but you do what you got to. Just be glad you have the exta 100HP then mine and you should be happy.

lol well they'll eventually notice a CAI, and if they find out im ****ed. they specifically told me not to mod the car lol. i guess all i can do is a K&N drop in and royal purple synthetics all around, any little thing to give me a fraction more power, who knows? ill probably get better MPG, and put together, i could notice a tiny difference.

i think im just desperate to mod my car.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:20 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

Do your parents watch every single thing you do? They wouldnt notice if you did a performance mod that was quiet unless they do a full car check up like every single week. Just sneak a CAI in there and when someone says "whats that?" say "i dunno, just came like that I guess".

Quick Reply: drop in filter