Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking Road Trip to Nashville,TN in July

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 12:30 AM
RW06stang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Taking Road Trip to Nashville,TN in July

Country1969
I live about 30 miles from Nashville. I also drive the stang everyday to work in Nashville. You will like it here and may not want to go back home. Most people are nice and there is a lot to do here. If you need any help, just let me know and I'll look something's up for you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33407/1C2A0EB9B1424B3F97BB8968C7B71190.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-14-2006, 12:42 AM
goxley11
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8URWS6

the speed limit is 65, but you will get run over if you do it though. Usually people go about 75-80 MPH on I-240.
My experience is that most of the speed limits on the interstates in the rural areas of Tennessee is 70 mph.

I drove mine down to Great Smokey Mountain National Park last summer. To me, that's the best part of Tennessee. I loved driving through the park with the top down. Got lots of compliments, too.

Good luck on your trip. Have fun and be safe.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:10 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RW06stang

Country1969
I live about 30 miles from Nashville. I also drive the stang everyday to work in Nashville. You will like it here and may not want to go back home. Most people are nice and there is a lot to do here. If you need any help, just let me know and I'll look something's up for you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33407/1C2A0EB9B1424B3F97BB8968C7B71190.jpg[/IMG]
Where do you (RW06Stang)work in Nashville? Meet or see any Country Music Stars in Nashville?
My wife is a country music fan and she wanted us to go there. I listened to country in the past but then grew away from it. But I still keep up with it. It started out like," What can we do down there?" Now its like, "How can we do all of that in a week?" Yes, we have a ton of things to see and do. That's why we decided to leave a day earlier. I can get most of the driving done on that Saturday and the rest on Sunday. Check in time for our hotel room is 2:00pm Sunday. It's good so I don't have to waste a day driving. We are staying on Demonbreun Street at the Comfort Inn.
We will be checking out the Wild Horse Saloon. Not to far from our hotel.

You said most people are nice. Does that mean I might get some people that lives and works there that will treat us outsiders rude? hahaha
I heard its very clean down in Nashville. My wife works with a girl that used to live down there. She said people are nice and the area is clean compared here in Wilkes-Barre, PA. or PA itself. Is it safe down there? Will my Mustang be ok? Years ago here, you can sleep with your windows and doors open. Now, you need to lock them. It's not like the Bronx or Phila but theres crime. More and more of our little towns are forming Neighborhood Watch Programs.

The speed limit here varies on the highways from 45,55, or 65. But like most of you already know they go alot faster. If I get into alot of traffic I try to back off at let them past me. You know when theres 10 cars approaching you like they are running from the cops. They surround you and you feel trapped. I say," No sense getting annoyed by all these cars. I want to enjoy driving."
Old 07-14-2006, 03:52 AM
timgriffeyfan24

If the wife is a country music fan, you may want to check into tickets for a show at The Grand Ole Opry right next to the Opry Mills Mall. Oh Yeah! If you haven't seen Superman yet & it's still on, I recommend seeing it in 3D at the IMAX. SWEET!@nd Ave. does have the Wildhorse, Hard Rock, and who can forget HOOTERS! LOL! There's also a Country Music Hall of Fame across the street to appease the wife. There's a small zoo in nashville as well for the kiddies with a kick*ss playground. Just be prepared to EAT the air down here. It is WICKED HUMID this time of year in Tennessee. I drove my baby to Destin FL & back for New Years. Enjoy the trip!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:04 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Ah yes, 2nd Ave is the **** Stay out late, then when the places close, go to Printers Alley to finish up the night.. lotsa live mucis. Good food in many places as well. I do have a soft spot in my heart for 2nd Ave Hooters... and all of it walking diatnce from the Collesseum! Damned shame the Titans are gonna suck this year...

On the way to N-ville, stop for lunch in Knoxville at Litton's in Westown. Best burgers EVER.

Check the schedule for The Cannery for country music. I know they used tio tape a show there, saw Ronny Milsap there when I was a kid, (no age comments!).

If your planning on a trip to the Opry, (the big one, not the Ryman), I reccomend taking a stroll through the Conservatory in the Hotel there... it is huge and beautiful. Well worth paying for parking. Take a camera.

edit: Stay away from Rip-off Row!
Old 07-14-2006, 12:45 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I am a Nashvillian! You will love it. It is a great place with tons of great things to experience. As for the speed limits, 70. They are not to bad about speeding unless you get to 80+. Right now, they are going after people for the new "move over law" which dictates that you must move over a lane, or reduce speed if you can not get over whever there is an emergency vehicle on the shoulder. $500 fine[:@]
Old 07-14-2006, 02:49 PM
RW06stang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: timgriffeyfan24

If the wife is a country music fan, you may want to check into tickets for a show at The Grand Ole Opry right next to the Opry Mills Mall. Oh Yeah! If you haven't seen Superman yet & it's still on, I recommend seeing it in 3D at the IMAX. SWEET!@nd Ave. does have the Wildhorse, Hard Rock, and who can forget HOOTERS! LOL! There's also a Country Music Hall of Fame across the street to appease the wife. There's a small zoo in nashville as well for the kiddies with a kick*ss playground. Just be prepared to EAT the air down here. It is WICKED HUMID this time of year in Tennessee. I drove my baby to Destin FL & back for New Years. Enjoy the trip!
+1 you both will love it.

Country Music Stars you may get luckly and see 1 or 2 at the Grand Ole Opry or Opry Mills Mall.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:05 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm back from Nashville,TN. I broke the driving down trip into 2 days. But the coming home was all in 1 day. Started about 8:15 am go home at 12:00 midnight. We stopped for lunch for about 1/2 hour and took a few stops then ate around 10:00pm before driving the rest of the way home. My wife had to go into work (Target) to count the money. She works in the Cash Office and the girl that was suppose to fill in for her was to nervous to do it. So thats why I drove straight thru the day. Around here in town I get aorund 14 mpg. After all that driving it hit 22.4 mpg. I drove most of the way with the cruise control on except in heavy traffic areas. The speed limit was 65 and 70 on areas. I set the control about 4 miles over each speed. I drove from Pennsylvania to Maryland to West Virginia to Virginia to Tennesse. The State Police were sitting all over the place in each state. People were still passing me off. There were a few cars pulled over.

The Mustang ran great. Didn't have to use the air conditioning on the way down. When we left it was nice with the windows down. The whole trip took around 4 gas fillups for around $160.00. When we got down there, we had a room around the back, I parked the Mustang and grabbed a few bags. The room we requested was not the one we received so they moved us again to a better one. I left the car in the back, didnt want anything to happened to it while being in front. The manager said that they had cameras all over the hotel lots. I checked on it everyday to make sure nothing happened while parked there. I left it parked there all week, we walked and took the bus places.

Anyways, for the people who answered the post:

We did alot of things down there. Saw the Country Music Hall of Fame. We took the Showboat General Jackson Cruise. Checked out Opry Mills Mall. We saw a movie there. We went to Cooters Place. I tool pictures of General Lee along with the other cars. We took the Studio B tour where Elvis did his recordings. That was very cool. We went to the new Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum. We saw the Opry Land Hotel. It was beautiful. Oh yeah the Wax Museum. We ate at Clarks Cheesesteak Factory, Hard Rock Cafe, Dan McGuinness Irish Pub (we ate there twice). We went to the Zoo and we had lunch there. Yes, my son loved the Playground. Stopped in the Wildhorse Saloon. Thats where they have the NASHVILLE STAR show. We did some shopping for each of us and our parents. I am probably leaving things out but you get it.

I got home around midnight and unloaded the car. This morning my son and I went up to my moms house to give her knick knack and to give her a birthday gift. Before stopping there, I was the Mustang up really good. It was really dirty but had bugs on the front bumper and a few on the hood.
I said to her you deserve one after that trip. I like to do some detailng on her tommorrow.

I couldn't take any pictures of the Stang with any neat backgrounds like I wanted too. It was mostly I-81 and I-40 whichs runs into each other and just Rest Areas in between and the Exits. You couldnt stop anywhere, but again there was no scenery for that purpose (picture taking).

About the weather: It was humid and hot but no rain since we been there all week. Only time you feel the heat when you were walking. They had air on the bus and museums and gift shops. I had the air in our hotel room set on 60 - 62. It was great. After getting back to our room after a long day it felt good.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:55 AM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

Good Ol TN, I lived in Hendersonville (right outside of nashville) for a year back in 1991 and absolutly loved it there. The people were so friendly and I consider that one of the best times of my life.

My friend Bill just moved back there so i think I will plan a road trip sometime to see him, of course everyone else i knew there has moved away or I have lost contact with them. But will be nice to see the old stomping grounds.