Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach Pro Kit ALIGNMENT

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 03:13 AM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Eibach Pro Kit ALIGNMENT

ORIGINAL: grasshopper

You will need the camber kit with the Pro-Kit. Most likely the alignment place will tell you your camber is off, charge you for the rest of the alignment and send you away with the same camber as before. Buy the camber kit now, and hand it to them when you drop the car off for alignment. Some shops will have them on hand and sell you a set, but I have yet to find one.
Pardon my asking. WTF is a camber kit?
Old 06-18-2006, 03:19 AM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

A camber kit is what is used to get your wheels from leaning so far inward when lowering your vehicle ive run camber in my car before for track purpose but when driving it helps out alot for that. too much camber would be / and correct camber would be l
Old 06-18-2006, 03:25 AM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

So we're talking about Adjustable camber bolts and/or plates? Sorry, I'm not exactly a genious when it comes down to this.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:35 AM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

Yes, the kit is usually just a pair of eccentric bolts. Though Steeda's kit for the 05+ is a bit different.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:07 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

OK, the Adjustable Panhard bar is used for the REAR of the car. If you lower the rear without one, the rear axle will become off-centered. The adjustable panhard bar will put it back in the center.

On the FRONT end it's a little different. When you lower it, the tops of the front tires will lean inwards towards the car. You need a camber correction kit to fix this, otherwise it will screw up your handling, appearance, and your tires.

You definatley should get an alignment after working on the front suspension of the car, no doubt about it.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:48 PM
camscope

for what its worth i just put the pro kit on my car and then took it to break check and they did the alignment with there camber bolts.

DO NOT BUY THE STEEDA CAMBER KIT.

the reason i say that is you have to grind out the holes on your struts to make it work if you are useing the stock struts i don know about the aftermarket stuff. so if you use their bolts its less labor i think it was 140 and they did the back as well (ajusted the panhard)
Old 06-18-2006, 01:14 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

I did use the BMR adj panhard bar but if you measure before lowering you should find that OE is out 1/4" to 3/8". Check it before and after. If after it is within this, save your money unless you really want it "exact looking" (which I did, but OE isn't exact and many think it is off by design) Lots of threads on this and I don't want to get into this much AGAIN.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:07 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Here are the camber bolts i will be using once i install the Eiback springs.

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...idproduct=1052

Richard
Old 06-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

OK, the Adjustable Panhard bar is used for the REAR of the car. If you lower the rear without one, the rear axle will become off-centered. The adjustable panhard bar will put it back in the center.
I thought we determined that our rear axels are off centered when the cars are stock. A plum bob proved that most people's axels are 3/8 inch off-center stock.

The info is from this article.... https://mustangforums.com/m_1402729/tm.htm
Old 06-18-2006, 11:11 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

yup, we did.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro Kit ALIGNMENT