Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:23 PM
PRGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Hoods

Does the cervini hood weights less than stock? Or which hood can I get to get less weight? Thank You
Old 06-26-2006, 11:03 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hoods

ORIGINAL: PRGT

Does the cervini hood weights less than stock? Or which hood can I get to get less weight? Thank You
Well i am not sure but i believe the Cerivinis hood is made of Fiberglass in which case yes its definately lighter. But if you are lookinf for a light weight hood checkout 3Dcarbon boy-racer hood its made out of Carbonfiber and there isn't anything much lighter than that and it should be pretty stout be considering its Carbonfiber....

I will try and find you some pics..
Old 06-26-2006, 11:06 PM
PRGT
2nd Gear Member

Thank you very much man! I will apreciate it
Old 06-26-2006, 11:07 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

actually there are very few hoods that are lighter than the stock one. my fiberglass GTR hood is actually 5 lbs. heavier than the stock aluminum hood. if you want feather weight stuff try VFN...but realize when you go to race weight stuff quality is the second concern. it usually take much more time to fit the parts and make them look acceptable.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:13 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spyder7724

actually there are very few hoods that are lighter than the stock one. my fiberglass GTR hood is actually 5 lbs. heavier than the stock aluminum hood. if you want feather weight stuff try VFN...but realize when you go to race weight stuff quality is the second concern. it usually take much more time to fit the parts and make them look acceptable.
Not to be a Pr#k, but there is know way the 05/06 hoods are aluminum, that damn thing weighs a ton....i would have to some type of article or paperwork that says the hood is Aluminum..sorry man its just hard to believe that its alum. My old cars (STi) hood was alum and it couldnt have weighed more the 5-8#s if that, and i know for sure it was Alum.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:33 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

Here is a pic:

But here is my favorite hood, made by RKsport called the Cali Dream Hood:

Old 06-26-2006, 11:40 PM
PRGT
2nd Gear Member

I love that hood the only thing is that I have the stripes but they are closer than those ones can I take them out and dont affect the paint?
Old 06-27-2006, 02:33 PM
2005RedGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SweetGT

Not to be a Pr#k, but there is know way the 05/06 hoods are aluminum, that damn thing weighs a ton....i would have to some type of article or paperwork that says the hood is Aluminum..sorry man its just hard to believe that its alum. My old cars (STi) hood was alum and it couldnt have weighed more the 5-8#s if that, and i know for sure it was Alum.

the 05+ msutang hoods are aluminum ... any fiberglass hoods out there are heavier - period.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Artsee

When is the Boy Racer hood going to be available? I sent them an email asking about it about 2 weeks ago and they never did reply.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:55 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SweetGT

The 05 and early 06 hoods were aluminum and very light indeed. Sometime during the 06 production run they changed the hood to steel and it is significantly heavier.

Quick Reply: Hoods