Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with 20's

Old 06-28-2006, 11:03 PM
purduesd

Default RE: Help with 20's

Richard, youre on ftw arent you... I think i have seen your truck there??

Oh and i guess my truck is a ricer too...

Old 06-28-2006, 11:11 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: purduesd

Richard, youre on ftw arent you... I think i have seen your truck there??

Oh and i guess my truck is a ricer too...

Yep i am.

Richard
Old 06-28-2006, 11:16 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Richard
Hey your truck is Badazz by the way. But back to the topic 20s are sick on these cars plain and simple...and of course thats my opinion

I currently am seeking a different style of 19-20' for my ride, mainly to find somethin that nobody has(i know almost impossible). Once i get the money situation taken car of i will purchase them. They wont be considered the norm for these cars but they will be sweet
Old 06-29-2006, 12:11 AM
5 speed GT

Yea, I used to laugh at the thought of 20s on a Jeep or but the Stangs look great with them. Actually they fit the wheelwell so good they look Factory. Here is mine with 20x10s in the rear. Wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, they are heavy but I'm not racing so who cares.

[IMG]local://upfiles/37986/12F14A0765784D2988CC1C3E831BCDE5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-29-2006, 01:09 AM
blackNchrome05
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blowngt

My opinion that 20's are stupid on stangs is no less valid than your opinions that they are great. To each his own. You resort to name calling because deep down, you feel guilty for destroying such a beautiful amercian muscle car. How much hp do you think those rims got ya? 20's are rice - that's my opinion and I'm sure it's shared by as many who think they are great as you do. Name calling for my opinions shows your age.

There is much more evidence to support my theory than yours - i.e. find any amercian muscle car from any year with factory 20" rims. You know you can't cause it's never been done. Why has it never been done? Because it's stupid, that's why.

Old school or new school, it is still, by your own admission, a 'muscle car' and 20" rims are stupid on a muscle car any way you want to slice it...period.

Just go to the track with your 20's and see how much respect you get.
ok to the first one... i was udner the impression saleens came with 20's. oh wait. they do.
and i've also heard that the new camaros may come with 20's stock

and for your comment about the track... what gets more respect- a 12 second car on 20's or a 13 second car on 17's, 18's or 19's?
i always thought that track respect was about times not rims size... but then i again, maybe I'm just stupid and dont know anything... i DO have 20's
Old 06-29-2006, 01:17 AM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

Ouch - such animosity from the dog pound. The only valid point you made was he asked for help regarding the size and not for opinions on them so I do apologize for giving my opinion that they are crap on the stangs. He (the poster) wasn't asking for opinions so I was out of place giving one.

However, I believe I originally said 20's belong on IMPORTS and trucks so posting pics of trucks is kinda silly isn't it? Just in case you weren't aware, imports also include european cars as well as asian. The word RICE is not a japanese word. It is an american word used to describe a certain 'style' or 'genre' of vehicle. A mustang with 20's falls into this category to me.

The main point of the 20's being ridiculous to me is you well never get any good rubber for them. That's why I made the track referrence. You will NEVER hook up with 20's no matter what tires you try to find. Why, because you won't find any good tires that will fit. If you ever try to smoke your tires, they won't last long and once you tread out a 20", forget it, ride over.

Again, only my opinion and it only matters what you like. Just too bad you won't get any real world expereince from forced induction or any real feel of how awesome this car can be if you do a little mods and let he loose. You'll never know that rush on 20's.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:21 AM
blackNchrome05
1st Gear Member

Wait, now I'm honestly confused... putting 20's on means yor can't get a supercharger? Real world experience? ... ?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:56 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Oh My God you keep making yourself look more and more stupid with each post. Do you even have a clue as to what tires are available for 20" Wheels? No as is obvious by your post. And have you priced some of these tires not something you want to sit and do burnouts with all day. The tread depth on my tires is most likley the same as the tire on a 17,18 " wheel the only differance is the sidewall area. You really are clueless. And i will ask you again. Where is the picture of YOUR CAR??

O and I know full well what a supercharger is and what one feels like.

Richard

Old 06-29-2006, 03:17 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

OH NO! I just purchaced 20's and a S/C for my 06 Mustang.
God why didn't this guy speak up sooner! He could have saved me close to 10K when it's all over! Damn, Now I'm going to have a slow ugly ricer car in the shape of an 06 Convertible Mustang. What am I going to do with this 480hp/500 ft lbs? Hurry, someone put me on suicide watch!

Dude, I don't care if you slept in a Holiday Inn Express or not, you need to talk to Vanna White and buy a CLUE! So tell me again why Saleen's come with 20's? Oh wait hmm is the 06 Mustang American? hmm Is it concidered a muscle car? Buy golly I do believe the correct answer to both of those questions is YES! So there is your example of an American muscle with 20" wheels. Next question from someone that already has a clue please.......
05SDI

Old 06-29-2006, 01:55 PM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

jeez, I'm dealing with children. Did I ever say you 'can't have a s/c? NO - please READ if you can, what I say, not what you want to hear. I said specifically - "Just too bad you won't get any real world expereince from forced induction or any real feel of how awesome this car can be if you do a little mods and let her loose. You'll never know that rush on 20's."

I am talking about the TRACK. Where am I getting my info from - well just go to summit or any supplier of slicks/drag radials and find me a tire that will fit a 20" x whatever for the S197. You won't but go try anyway so you will feel stupid.

What I specifically mean by 'real world experience' is actually getting to feel the car hook and run. It is a completely different experience than cruising on the street and you wouldn't believe the difference in feel/power when you can get your car to hook. In ANY racing, rubber is always the primary concern for the car.

Granted, this effects the track and most of you will never see a track so the practical applications admittedly don't matter so it just comes down to looking dumb to me. You bring up foose like he is a god and most all of his stuff loks like crap to me. Only his hot rods are worth any respect, but any of his rebuilds or conversions like like sheet and RICE. Again, my opinion. I will post pictures of my car but certainly not in this ricer thread.

I offerred an opinion that did not agree with some of you and you get all wired and uppity like it's the end of the world. Why would you even care what I think? I'm certainly not losing any sleep over any of your opinions. Justify your ricey rims to yourselves till your blue in the face. I really don't care. I just offer that if you're going to be rice, go all the way and be proud of it.

As far the the saleens - please give me one timeslip of a saleen on 20's at the track? You won't cause it would be embarrassing...lol And I don't know what you're going to do with your 480 hp dyno queen. I know what you AREN'T going to do. You are not going to hook...

Search this Thread