Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bring Back Lejay

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 12:31 PM
jbuck
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Bring Back Lejay

He was banned on the 28th. I am not saying that the man didnt aggrivate his fair share of people while he was here. However I do feel that it is ridiculous that the mods made the decision to look the other way and never say anything to him about his behavior until he allegedly upset one of them. Then they boot him off. I think that is ridiculous, in fact they did not even tell him he was being banned. I think reinstatement into the forums is in order, and if he ignores the warning and breaks another rule then the mods can drop the hammer.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:48 PM
sst06vert
2nd Gear Member

For someone who knows so much about detailing but then not know about california duster which has been around forever.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:52 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sst06vert

For someone who knows so much about detailing but then not know about california duster which has been around forever.
Hey, i know about that... somethin you put on your weed before ya smoke it... right? [sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 06-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I dont' think it has anything to do with offending a mod so much as the principle. It's one thing to be a jerk to people on the forum, it's another to be a jerk to a mod. Why? Because mods keep the order. If you're not going to listen to those that provide order and make this forum possible, then why should your actions be ignored?

It's like assaulting an officer vs a civillian. It's one thing for domestic dispute or public disturbance (the person you assaulted has the choice to press charges or not) but the second you lay a hand on a cop, no question you're going to jail for assault. No respect for the 'law' no respect for you.

Personally, I thought Leejay was bipolar. A real Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. If you had a difference of opinion with him you were hellspawn in his eyes. Absolutely no rational debate with him. You were dirt.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:58 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Sorry about that. I'm so proud, I wanted to be in everyones face with my Sig, LOL. Hope this is better.

See I respect the moderators (authority). He thought my sig was too big, and I changed it. No problem here and I do respect all of the members here. I try and respect everyone's opinion. It's when someone gets personal that I take offense.

ORIGINAL: randy78045

Hey BeeStang, ya might wanna size down your sig a bit.... it hurts my eyes...
Old 06-30-2006, 01:10 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jbuck

I for one would like to make my voice heard and ask that the mods allow Lejay to return to the forum. Up to this point he has not been warned about any "unacceptable behavior" by any of the mods, so in all fairness let him come back, give him a warning, and if he steps outside of the lines again, after being specifically warned then the mods can say that the policies of the boards were fairly applied and ban him.

I am stepping down off my soapbox now. Please chime in.

Actually i think he has in fact been warned on a few occasions.

Richard
Old 06-30-2006, 01:11 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

hijacking peoples threads with the sole intent of name calling, flaming, and use of profanity will not be tolerated. PERIOD.
perhaps if lejay would have conducted himself in the manner in which you described him, he would not have been banned. instead of presenting himself in a mature manner, he acted out like a 16year old kid with limited intellect and vocabulary.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:41 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: jbuck

Good morning all. It came to my attention yesterday that as the result of a heated discussion with a couple of individuals over in the detailing section Lejay has been banned from the forums. I personally can say that Lejay and I have had many conversations, both on the boards and outside of them and I have found him to be educated, articulate, inteligent, and generally knowledgeable about Mustangs, and automobiles in general. The explination that I recieved from one of the mods was that although Lejay had broken some forum rules in the past the mods let it go and in essence looked the other way, however he recently apparently offended a mod, so the first rule he broke after offending said moderator led to his being banned.

I think it is atrocious that the mods would look the other way and take no action until one of them was offended in some way. The rules should be getting enforced across the board, not just when the moderators fee like it.

I am also aware that Lejay has angered others on these forums, however I don not see an internet message forum as being any different that a small cross section of real life, not everyone is always going to like or get along with one another.

I for one would like to make my voice heard and ask that the mods allow Lejay to return to the forum. Up to this point he has not been warned about any "unacceptable behavior" by any of the mods, so in all fairness let him come back, give him a warning, and if he steps outside of the lines again, after being specifically warned then the mods can say that the policies of the boards were fairly applied and ban him.

I am stepping down off my soapbox now. Please chime in.

I am editing my post because I was mistaken. I have just received confirmation that jbuck did, in fact, receive information that indicated that LEJAY was banned because he offended a mod.

I apologize to jbuck for my earlier post.

For the record, if anyone cares LOL........This is what REALLY happened.

I banned LEJAY. I did it for a couple of reasons, neither of which were because he offended a mod. The main reason was because we have had numerous complaints from other members about his behavior on the site for some time. Regardless, we tried to work with him and he WAS warned many times.

The final straw was the fact that he hijacked a thread in the detailing section and made posts so vile and insulting that they had to be deleted.

I'm not going to list all of his indisgressions but he did repeatedly violate the rules and was repeatedly warned to no avail.

I don't like banning people but when one person continuously disrupts the forum for all the other people, I have no choice.