Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Illegal window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 08:26 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Illegal window Tint

ORIGINAL: Orion_240
And there is a bit of factory tint on the Mustang already.
Yeah because 98% tint is just so helpful for blocking sun and privacy....
Old 07-07-2006, 05:41 PM
GT4HUTCH
2nd Gear Member

I live in NC and have 20% all around wigh a 6" strip on the windshield. Legal tint is 32% here. With the dark color of the interior the tint looks darker than 20%. Someone said it a minute ago. If you get pulled over, roll your windows down. Give them the courtesy, let them know that you mean no harm. Visibility is a huge thing to a policeman during a traffic stop. If it is night time, roll your windows down and turn on your dome light. Those little things right there can totally change the outcome of the encounter.

HUTCH
Old 07-14-2006, 01:07 AM
shsteele

I have my windows as illegal as it can get i have 2.5 on the front and 2.5 over factory 35 on the back and have only been pulled over once and managed to talk my way out of the ticket for my subs being to loud he was more fascinated with the bass and forgot the tint and let me go.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:30 AM
My05GT
1st Gear Member

What's a good site online to get tint?

What brands are good? I've seen Gila (sp?) offered at the local Autozone
Old 07-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Madcow5x5

In the midwest you're not supposed to have tint on the driver/passenger windows at all. I've got mine done in another state and haven't had any problems. It's just another good reason to own a 'Vert. My windows are up if it's 90+ degrees outside but I've yet to be pulled over. I have 15% all the way around.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:23 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Madcow5x5
It's just another good reason to own a 'Vert.
What he said...

On a Mustang - windows are there to keep people out when the car is parked... Otherwise they should be down...

Too hot? Drive faster...

Too much sun? Time to move...

Too cold? Crank the heat (with the windows down of course)
Old 12-17-2006, 01:00 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

I want to know where all you guys are from that say there is a $10 ticket for tint. Where I'm at in Illinois, it is just like any other offense, $75 ticket PLUS they slash an "X" in your windows with a razor blade so you have to take it off and so any other officer knows you've been told once.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:10 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Yeah, this is really ancient but... here in Florida a tint ticket isnt much either. Its not like 10 bucks, I believe its 25, but thats still nothing compared to yours. And if anyone ever slashed an X anywhere on my car theyd be paying to have it fixed. Thats vandalism, I dont care who they are.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:25 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

Down here in Texas, the legal limit is actually set at 20%. Most reputable Tint shops will sell LLUMAR, which is hands down the only brand of tint you should put on your vehicle. But, 35% is the usual "Legal" limit most shops will tell you. I personally have 5% ALL THE WAY AROUND. Yes, I do have a vert as well, and well it looks soooo sexy when the top is up. I have gotten one ticket for my tint from a local state trooper who seems to hate me........it ran me $100 bucks which in return paid for the tint.....But in all honesty the tint truly does help with the sun issues, even though this is Texas and I was cruising with the top down the past week in the middle of December I just prefer the tint. If I do get another ticket, well then its my fault, I'm breaking the law and I know it. So I just got me a nice little radar to tell me where the cops are so I can just roll my windows down..LoL..(and of course for the occasional speeding).
Old 12-17-2006, 02:33 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

I'm in CA, I have three vehicles all tinted the same (expediton, Crew cab, Stang), 20% rear windows and 30% fronts. In the past 4 years have not even been looked at for the tint. If you're going to stress over it and lose sleep...don't do it. I too see others all the time with really dark windows, but as my preference and way to not attract too much attention went with the ligher up front. I figure as long as it is see through and living in the state of Sun...they won't bother me.

Quick Reply: Illegal window Tint