Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dash...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My dash...

i've been in the car audio arena hardcore for several years now. please inform me on how the heck bluetooth makes the deck any better? i see no benefit other than a mediocre digitalized version of an fm-modulator.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

i was thinkin about goin with the push button start thing but i am to dependant on that outlet....it powers my radar detector
Old 07-08-2006, 01:30 AM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

Thats what i was thinking.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:19 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

ORIGINAL: Stang Skeleton

Looking good there! Hows the system coming along? you gotta post some pics of that as well. NOTE: it looks like there is still some room there in that double din for a flip out single din monitor ; )
but there is no need for a flip out single din monitor, regardless of whether or not there is one sitting on my desk at home at this very moment...its not going in until i have a need for a screen buddy [8D]

any word on helping me pick up some shaker door panels? i cant really do much of anything until that small situation is taken care of ...
Hey Sleeper05, i didnt know you still needed the door panels, i thought you got them off of ebay or something. Remind me to check for you next week. Also, a corbon fiber box would be pretty sick if you want it to stick out, but if you're going for a more subtle and factory look, then no..... unless you do your dash and trim in carbon fiber and then the box will match and accent the carbon fiber theme. Now back to the monitor, well based on your logic sleeper05, there is no NEED for stripes, there is no NEED for the push button, but is it so called "cool" and do you WANT it. Well; thats the real question.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Looking good there! Hows the system coming along? you gotta post some pics of that as well. NOTE: it looks like there is still some room there in that double din for a flip out single din monitor ; )
but there is no need for a flip out single din monitor, regardless of whether or not there is one sitting on my desk at home at this very moment...its not going in until i have a need for a screen buddy [8D]

any word on helping me pick up some shaker door panels? i cant really do much of anything until that small situation is taken care of ...
Hey Sleeper05, i didnt know you still needed the door panels, i thought you got them off of ebay or something. Remind me to check for you next week. Also, a corbon fiber box would be pretty sick if you want it to stick out, but if you're going for a more subtle and factory look, then no..... unless you do your dash and trim in carbon fiber and then the box will match and accent the carbon fiber theme. Now back to the monitor, well based on your logic sleeper05, there is no NEED for stripes, there is no NEED for the push button, but is it so called "cool" and do you WANT it. Well; thats the real question.
you don't know the kind of carbon fiber weave im talkin about...it will look factory, and weigh 30lbs less than a regular box (wink). stripes are useful for looks, and the push button is useful (i use it exculsively to start my car). a monitor will not be an obvious looks thing and will not be used, so it is not necessary (wink again).

hell, i picked up 50 square feet of carbon fiber today...i might make it out of that and just put OEM carpet over it lol.

as for the radar detector...hard wire it to the radio switched power or to the back of the center console outlet instead...
Old 07-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

you don't know the kind of carbon fiber weave im talkin about...it will look factory, and weigh 30lbs less than a regular box (wink). stripes are useful for looks, and the push button is useful (i use it exculsively to start my car). a monitor will not be an obvious looks thing and will not be used, so it is not necessary (wink again).

hell, i picked up 50 square feet of carbon fiber today...i might make it out of that and just put OEM carpet over it lol.

as for the radar detector...hard wire it to the radio switched power or to the back of the center console outlet instead...
Oooh. I see. Now i know what you're talking about with the carbon fiber box. Yeah that would be awesome if you made your box out of it. With that in mind thoughi think you should run the carbon fober theme through out the interior. Do the dash ect. Abuot the monitor. There's no reasoning with you. If stripes are useful for looks but a monitor that can play dvds (potentially) etc and add new looks to your car isnt... well than ok. I guess that means you NEEDED the stripes as a necessary asset of function for means of transport. Same with the push button i guess, as your car couldnt start prior to the necessary push button install. But hey, its your choice. whatever makes you happy sleeper05. I guess you are really going for the "sleeper" thing. The screen would make the setup look sick with a head unit and flip out monitor and would catch peoples attention more but it definitely wouldnt be "sleeper". Ill find out about the door panels on monday or so. How was the track btw.