Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 factory to dealer incentives?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 01:54 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 06 factory to dealer incentives?

No rebates, or incentives on stangs. But I wouldent pay a dime over invoice for a 06 at this point. Not with the 07's coming out. GT or not. It is not worth the hit YOU are going to take when you sell it.

My favorite time to buy is in the dead of winter. That lull in late jan-early febuary between the holidays and presidents week. Ya gotta go on a weeknight like a monday or tuesday, after a really snowy weekend that had everyone snowbound and no one was at the dealer.

When every damn car in the lot is buried under 15" of snow and some companies usually start throwing some incentives in that time of year to help out sales.

That is the time to buy. Especially sports cars and convertibles. And porsche dealers that have nothing much more to sell than sports cars give extra incentives to order a car that time of year.

I really am a sadist though, and if I end up missing one day, I would tell the police to look into a car dealer as the first suspect.

This time I broke all my own rules. I went in the spring on easter weekend, on a sunny saturday (thank god it started to rain before I got there and the dealer was kinda slow). But I still managed 1K under sticker on a stick GT.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:49 AM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: classj

No rebates, or incentives on stangs. But I wouldent pay a dime over invoice for a 06 at this point. Not with the 07's coming out. GT or not. It is not worth the hit YOU are going to take when you sell it.
I was talking about incentives to the dealer to sell the 2006 models, they don't tend to make announcements about these.

This time I broke all my own rules. I went in the spring on easter weekend, on a sunny saturday (thank god it started to rain before I got there and the dealer was kinda slow). But I still managed 1K under sticker on a stick GT.
So you paid $1,000 over invoice 3 months ago on a 2006? Didn't you realize the 07's would be coming out in 3 months?

Old 07-09-2006, 11:43 AM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

GTlust,
Some dealers will deal and some will not. Just remember that on the Mustangs the dealer gets a 3% 'hold back" from the factory. This hold back check is the dealers and it based on MSRP of the vehicle sold NOT the selling price. So even buying at invoice price don't let them fool you and tell you different thay are making money. Yes it takes money for them to survive but it all depends on how many they have comming in added with how many there are on the lot. This time of year most dealers should be selling 06 Mustangs as close to invoce price and 07 close to MSRP. Do you qualify for X-Plan or B Plan through Ford? I guess I'm saying shop around. 05SDI
All the major car manufacturers give a "hold-back" to the dealer that is equal to a percentage of the vehicles price (some on MSRP, some on dealer invoice). This "hold-back" is money given to the dealer to help offset the dealer's carrying cost for having the car on the lot. I believe Ford's "hold-back" percentage on all vehicles is 3%, not just the Mustangs. Also, keep in mind that a lot of dealers actually require financing from third parties to purchase the vehicles from the factory, and then pay-off that financing when they sell the car. That was what the dealer "hold-back" was designed for. To offset that financing cost incurred by the dealer. So, if the dealer has been carrying an '06 Mustang for 3 months or more, his "hold-back" money has been eaten into by his financing costs. Your best bet for negotiation on "hold-back" money is to find a new car that was just delivered to the lot because the dealer has not lost anything on his "hold-back" money yet.

Sorry for the hi-jack, just wanted to throw out some info on that.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:35 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jaiasmit

All the major car manufacturers give a "hold-back" to the dealer that is equal to a percentage of the vehicles price (some on MSRP, some on dealer invoice). This "hold-back" is money given to the dealer to help offset the dealer's carrying cost for having the car on the lot. I believe Ford's "hold-back" percentage on all vehicles is 3%, not just the Mustangs. Also, keep in mind that a lot of dealers actually require financing from third parties to purchase the vehicles from the factory, and then pay-off that financing when they sell the car. That was what the dealer "hold-back" was designed for. To offset that financing cost incurred by the dealer. So, if the dealer has been carrying an '06 Mustang for 3 months or more, his "hold-back" money has been eaten into by his financing costs. Your best bet for negotiation on "hold-back" money is to find a new car that was just delivered to the lot because the dealer has not lost anything on his "hold-back" money yet.

Sorry for the hi-jack, just wanted to throw out some info on that.
No problem, I read in another thread that it costs about $320 each month the car sits on the lot in financing costs, that depends on the price of the car i'm sure. If the dealer can't sell the car in three months then that's not really my problem, seems something is wrong with that dealer. It looks like i'll be getting an 07 and for the same price they want for the 06's. I had a dealer willing to knock $1500 off on an 07, but they didn't have the freaking car! My search continues.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:59 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Well no deal for me on the 06 premium. they won't budge on the $26,400. I'm going to wait for a 2007. It's the principle of the thing.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:03 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CurtX

ORIGINAL: RED121572

Rebates on a new mustang? Thats funny.

Here in central Ohio, the price is what the sticker is and not a dollar less.
I live in central Ohio also. A dealer is giving me a gt for invoice. All I have to do is go and sign the papers.
Your kidding, what dealer?
Old 07-09-2006, 05:06 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SaleenBuyer

ORIGINAL: shockme76

Make sure to go at the end of the month. They will be more willing to deal then. I believe they have to sell so many cars per month. There's a certain time of year that's optimal to buy also but i don't know when that is.

End of month, end of fiscal quarter, end of year (calendar and model year)
I bought my 06 this past thanksgiving. They had a few left over 04 GT's that they were practically giving away.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:13 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

When you said sticker did you mean msrp?

ORIGINAL: CurtX

Rebates on a new mustang? Thats funny.

Here in central Ohio, the price is what the sticker is and not a dollar less.
I live in central Ohio also. A dealer is giving me a gt for invoice. All I have to do is go and sign the papers.
Your kidding, what dealer?
Old 07-09-2006, 05:28 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I got a chuckle too lol.