Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Control Off Button

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 03:22 PM
CurtX
1st Gear Member

Default Speed Control Off Button

The Off button for my speed control doesn't seem to do anything. It doesn't disengage cruise control when pressed. The only way it can be disengaged with with the clutch or brake. I checked the manual and it doesn't mention anything about this button.

Does this sound defective, or are these in fact not intended to do anything? On any other car I have driven, the off button does disengage cruise control.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:28 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Speed Control Off Button

The off button should disengage the cruise control. Sounds like a defect.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:30 PM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

That's a problem.
Off should disengage the cruise control.
Does the switch *feel* ok? Any possiblity of debris that could have gotten under it?
Old 07-27-2006, 05:29 PM
CurtX
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spuddogg

That's a problem.
Does the switch *feel* ok? Any possiblity of debris that could have gotten under it?
The button feels fine. The car has only 300 miles on it so far. I'll have to make a note for the dealer to look at it whenever I decide to take it in for its first service. It's not a huge deal, but since the car is brand new, I would prefer the car to act that way.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

I just got back from Nashville while on vacation. I used my cruise control miost of the way down. I loved it. It sure saved on the foot. I used the brake to shut it off because of traffic areas or when I approah a car/truck in front of me when I couldnt move into the next lane. But when it was clear, I hit the resume button. I set it a few miles above the speed limit so I didnt have to worry about the cops. It really helped with the gas mileage as the trip went on. I get around 14 here in the city and on this trip it went up to around 22.5 miles.

Yes I would have them check it out since its new. Don't let those people walk all over you since they dont need you anymore.
I had my 2005 Mustang in the shop a few times for small things. In fact, I'm going in the morning for the interior trim above the passanger door. It came loose last year about a month after buying it and they just popped it back in. I didnt want to mess with it since its new and under warranty.
Just a few weeks ago, it happened again. I took it up the body shop and she had to order the part. So I was there, so I mentioned the retaining clip on the rear passenger seat that holds the plastic trim to the carpeting. She said she will order that as well. 1 week went by and I get a call saying my parts are in. (The guy at the main shop tells me that it takes overnight to get the parts). So I call them up and she tells me that 3 guys are out of work for different reasons and she cant fit me in until next week. I tell her that I am going on vacation that week. So at this point I am getting pissed. So she said about the Monday when you get back in the morning, it will take about 15 minutes. I said sure.

I can't see why they can't squeeze that in. It should only take no more than 5 minutes tops. I guess that they have to bill Ford for parts and labor so they have to make it look good. I am going to watch them so they dont screw me over. Sure anyone could pop a trim in and say its fixed. But if you dont change the part thats giving you the problem , it will happen and happen again.

I said this before, they should have those small parts like trim clips and push in retaining clips, or the screw in type in stock. Since the newer Mustangs have all of these, stock them and make our lives easier.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:39 PM
T.M.808
1st Gear Member

Good thing i read this thread,i never tried my cruise control until i read this,none of my steering wheel controls work for cruise...back to the dealer again..
Old 07-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CurtX

ORIGINAL: spuddogg

That's a problem.
The button feels fine. The car has only 300 miles on it so far. I'll have to make a note for the dealer to look at it whenever I decide to take it in for its first service. It's not a huge deal, but since the car is brand new, I would prefer the car to act that way.
I totally agree that the dealer needs to take care of this, but on an unrelated note, you really shouldn't be using your cruise control with only 300 miles.