Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pleeez im in desperate need of help...Auto or manual

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL
Default RE: pleeez im in desperate need of help...Auto or manual

ORIGINAL: Black GT

Hoose84 - That black on your hood looks cool. I like how it matches up right in line with the black of the grill.

Ditto. +1. Echoes. Whatever other terms apply, I love that black hood and how it lines up with your grill. Sweet job on her!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: backinblack06

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

"I have a dream... that one day...autos, manuals and their drivers can exist in a world together in perfect harmony!" [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
I'm with you bl1nk, " I've been up to the mountain, and I've seeeen the promised land" [sm=smiley31.gif]

I believe we can compare auto/manual to say boxers or whitey tighties, who the F cares as long as they both get the job done to your likeing.

I don't think ANYONE can say it any better.

By the way backinblack06....I'm not so sure I like the color of your car. Let's shift this debate over to which color is best in a muscle car! [8D]
Old 08-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

he said 3 months ... so i got the auto .. when i hated the auto that is 3 weeks after i got mine .. i went to the dealer and saw many 5spd mustangs... i told him why did u say 3 months ? he said there was a mistake ....

so either u wait or u wait...

Something tells me your salesman doesn't really care about what you want, he just wants to make a sale as quick as possible so he can make his commission. I would tell the salesman to call me when he had what I was looking for, which will probably be next week lol.

My preference is autos, but thats mainly because I drive an 18wheeler all day and am constantly shifting gears. Plus the 18wheelers seem to take alot more pressure to press in the clutch than a car does, enough that my leg tires out after awhile from the constant hard pressure.

Get what YOU want, and not because its cool and everybody else has it, get it because its what you like the best. If your gonna be spending all that money on a car, why not get what makes you happiest?

ORIGINAL: bennihill

but whats the point? there's no skill there. anybody can just mash the gas.
Ummm, that makes as much sense as saying any idiot can drive a stick. What does it take, like .01% more skill to drive a stick than it does an auto?

ORIGINAL: bennihill

IMO, people who love to drive auto's (not the people who have to), are lazy, do not like to think, don't enjoy driving, and do not care about the true heritage of the muscle car. auto's are fine for trucks or minivans, but a muscle car? that is a disappointing feeling when you tell someone you got an auto.
Thats the most ridiculous generalization i've ever heard, I can't believe you actually spent good time typing that crap out.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:08 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Your post is basically a summary of an earlier post I made in this thread Pantera72. By your post and most others, I'm glad to see that most people aren't close mined like some.

- C
Old 04-04-2008, 11:35 PM
nerowoof

HELP new to forum and been looking for weeks without sucees for a V6 vert MANUAL with safety package. Should not be mission impossible, right? Well after several agonizing days of waiting and calling, one dealer, e-mailed me to say that they don't make V6 manuals with the ABS/traction control (safety package). WHAT GIVES??? Is this true? Does ANYONE have this combo on their car? I could swera the catalog and site both mentioned it as an AVAILABLE option.

Thanks!