Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:14 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: splash guards

I'm running 255/35/20's on the front, so I think I probably get a little more splash than normal. I actually had more water splashed on the front than I got from the rear tires. Haha I had dirty water marks halfway back my door[:'(]Guess that's good motivation to wash the car often !!!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I just installed the shelby GT500 splashguards on my GT (which now has the CS rear buper cover) they look great in the textured black. I had to do it as my 255's were kicking up all type of road rubbish at my rear quarter, along with allot of dirty water since its been raining a little bit here in the my neck of the sunshine state. they were a perfect and easy fit. I got mine off ebay for $19. Dealer advised to order them would have cost me $36..so went with ebay. I like these ones better as they follow the curves of the rear much better and really work well without sticking out and being noticiable.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:55 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Anyone know if they Cobra splash guards can be mounted on the front wheelwell? Or would that look totally tacky? I think it might be better than risking shooting rocks and debris up the front fender and doors.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:57 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Don't know if they'll fit a V-6 yet. Anybody have pics?
I don't have much of a problem with everyday gutter water splashing up on the side from the FRONT tires. But I had a big problem when I used Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel. Even when I put on just a little it still would come off and get all over the sides of the car and the doors. It shows up as little brown specks. Some people say that Armorall comes off too. Never had a problem with that yet.
As soon as you find out if they fit the V6 please post. I am interested in a set too. I had splash guards on my '82 GT and never regretted it.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:12 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Ya gotta any of those dall garn things with Yosemite Sam on Em? If'n I'm gonna do flaps I want Sam on em!
Old 02-14-2007, 02:12 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

heh all this and we still dont know if they fit the 6.....lol....maybe ill get some and let everyone k now......working on getting new trim right now.....
Old 02-15-2007, 01:26 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

heh all this and we still dont know if they fit the 6.....lol....maybe ill get some and let everyone k now......working on getting new trim right now.....
I saw these for bid on ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...mZ220075317785
Old 02-15-2007, 01:32 PM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

They dont fit the 6. the Ford OEM guards for the GT and the 6 are different patterns and I would assume that the aftermarket ones would be different as well.

FWIW I have the Ford OEM guards for my V6, and they are a nice addition. Fit is excellent and the guards have raised M U S T A N G lettering that some others have had painted to match their cars.

If it ever stops snowing around here, I will try and get some pics.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:56 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: feejay

They dont fit the 6. the Ford OEM guards for the GT and the 6 are different patterns and I would assume that the aftermarket ones would be different as well.

FWIW I have the Ford OEM guards for my V6, and they are a nice addition. Fit is excellent and the guards have raised M U S T A N G lettering that some others have had painted to match their cars.

You say you ordered them from Ford? What's the part number and how much were they?

Looking forward to some pictures.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:08 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: feejay

pics pics pics!!! plz!!!! i looked at these and my car is black so i dont know what i would the paint lettering...also how much and part # plz!!!!!

Quick Reply: splash guards