Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Die cast Mustang models.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Die cast Mustang models.

ORIGINAL: awakeinAZ

I am waiting for a 1:24 white Vert! Have not seen one. I also do R/C 1/6 and 1/8.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44056/7080386DBC724520810F74B7B272A2C2.jpg[/IMG]
That's a nice T-maxx ya got there. I got one too, along with three other nitros. Those things are a blast.

I have been looking for one of those models of my car too, but so far I haven't seen any black convertibles.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:25 AM
P. W.

Re: 1:18 scale jack
Now THAT was totally uncalled for! But funny - I left myself wide open for that one.
I'm waiting to see how you handle the wrench.
Buy the Hot Wheels model on eBay, the price is far better than in the shops by almost half.

Thanks folks, I got a response from a like-minded convertible owner - now if we can just figure out how to pull the wheels without damaging them.

Edit and Ooooops - senior moment/brain fart, whatever.
That response was from another coupe model owner who'd like to do the same thing so at least I'm not all alone in the cold cruel world.
We're both still searching for a swap.

In case it matters, my '06 GT is a stone stock, straight-stick in silver and this pony spends most of it's time in the barn as I do all my town running in a damn-near-classic '90 leSabre Limited, also silver.
I also own a '64 Jensen Healey in viper yellow, long under restoration.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:19 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Hi PW

I'm confused, you said your HW came with the twin spoke design? Mine came with the chrome billets.

I know what you mean about this modelling stuff. It can be an obsession. I pinted the rear of my model black and I am going to paint the mirrors body color to match my car. I'd love to get a cdc front spoiler and the GT/CS side scoops for it.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:12 AM
P. W.

My reply to odiaz: (and FYI all interested folks.)
I cited eBay #'s for actual Mustangs currently on sale to show wheels being discussed.
eBay #220019017346 has "Bullit"/"American Mag" five-spoke wheels like I have on my actual GT coupe and would like to have on my Hot Wheels 1:18 scale coupe model. This was the style I saw mounted on the Hot Wheels convertible model.
eBay #230019915162 has the wheels I refer to as "twin-spoke" which are similar to those currently on my Hot Wheels coupe model and which I would like to trade off.
Thanks to all. I'm still hoping to find a trading partner.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:16 AM
P. W.

To bodyputtyless:
Ouick question please, your photo of your GT and Mach 1 makes the GT appear to be somewhat the larger of the two. Is this in fact true or is it just deceptive perspective in the photo?
That's a pretty pair of toys you have there my friend.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:26 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: odiaz

Hi PW

I'm confused, you said your HW came with the twin spoke design? Mine came with the chrome billets.

I know what you mean about this modelling stuff. It can be an obsession. I pinted the rear of my model black and I am going to paint the mirrors body color to match my car. I'd love to get a cdc front spoiler and the GT/CS side scoops for it.
It is an obsession. I started collecting 1:18 scale cars a few years back and had to decide right away what I was going to collect (otherwise you can go crazy trying to decide what to buy). As it happens, I decided on collecting only red convertibles, over 100 and counting. I have all of the mustangs made in the 1:18 scale. It's so cool when my friends see them, and start asking questions, and admiring the details of this size model.

My other obsession is my full size Mustang, LOL.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: BeeStang

Hi PW

It is an obsession. I started collecting 1:18 scale cars a few years back and had to decide right away what I was going to collect (otherwise you can go crazy trying to decide what to buy). As it happens, I decided on collecting only red convertibles, over 100 and counting. I have all of the mustangs made in the 1:18 scale. It's so cool when my friends see them, and start asking questions, and admiring the details of this size model.

If you've collected over 100 red convertibles, that means there's definitely interest in.....RED convertibles. Right? Okay, so I just gotta ask....why'd you buy a WHITE convertible instead of a red one?
Old 08-22-2006, 06:01 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silencer06

Hi PW

If you've collected over 100 red convertibles, that means there's definitely interest in.....RED convertibles. Right? Okay, so I just gotta ask....why'd you buy a WHITE convertible instead of a red one?
As it turned out not many die cast are not available in white, that is why I went with red. Red is one of the most common colors found (varity) and just went red. I was very close in buying a red mustang but as you can see I choose white (coupe) and not red. I would have collected white 1:18 die cast but there just aren't that many out there. Also, many people like red as a color and thought that that choice over any other color would be cool.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

As it turned out not many die cast are not available in white, that is why I went with red. Red is one of the most common colors found (varity) and just went red. I was very close in buying a red mustang but as you can see I choose white (coupe) and not red. I would have collected white 1:18 die cast but there just aren't that many out there. Also, many people like red as a color and thought that that choice over any other color would be cool.

Well ya done good cuz I love your car. I considered buying a white one too, but I just had to have black cuz it's what I always wanted. Next 'Stang I get will be white, though.