Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default problem

well its been only about 1 month and my whole damn neighborhood HATES me.

Ive gotten more than enough complaints from all my neighbors, a couple of my friends too, even my sisters friends and such lol!

They said i can either leave the neighborhood or quiet my car down haha, well they didnt say THAT but they sure were implying it... Honestly i don't want to and i really dont plan on it, but if thats what i gotta do... lol

But a funny thing is, one of them hates its so much he'll pay me $800 to put some different exhaust pipes LOL!

So basically, my options are...buy a quieter exhaust, put the stock mufflers back on and see how it sounds or maybe buying some cats, would that lower the volume a bit?

Actually i was thinking about getting rid of the SLPs maybe and putting a different axleback/catback.... How about borlas? how loud are they compared to the SLPs?

thanks for the input
Old 08-24-2006, 11:17 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: problem

get corsa's, they're like stock until you open em up
Old 08-24-2006, 11:19 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

get corsa's, they're like stock until you open em up---that's ~$650 and the other $150, well i dont know-free money
Old 08-24-2006, 11:20 PM
silver05gt1
1st Gear Member

I had the Loudmouths on mine and basically had the same kinda stuff. But I put on set of Borlas and although it still has a nice sound to it, it made the car just quiet enough to make everyone happy. And I love my Borlas. They are awesome. By the way the Ford Racing exhaust is the same as the Borlas, and I believe the Ford Racing axle-back is cheaper.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:21 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

If you drive that car everyday I bet they are ready to shoot you if you are running without cats and SLP'S . I think new axle backs would make your neighbors a lot happier.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Every morning 6 o clock bright and early

and i live on a hill so i gotta give it gas to get up LOL

But if i got a new exhaust i would want the catback, would the borla catback fit on the pypes offroad hpipe?

Can someone absolutely confirm that the borlas would be just -that- much quieter to where they won't complain every damn day? I like my car loud all the time, at idle cruise and wot. this setup is perfect ... but people seem to think not around here
Old 08-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Ill buy the SLP's from ya
But borlas are a little louder than stock until WOT.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:08 AM
Gunrnr
1st Gear Member

Kaldar, First of all, you should tell everyone that this is your freedom of expression, tell them that you are a proud American working man and your exhaust is your reville, your call to wake up and get crackin'! What are their lazy asses doing in bed at 6am anyway. You live in some Bankers private community?

OK, my recco is Flowmaster American Thunder Axlebacks, they sound ever so slightly louder than stock until you hit the 2-3k rpms, then you'd think an F'n Abrahams tank was following you.

P.S. If they hate your mufflers, they're gonna just love your sub-woofers

Good luck.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:12 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gunrnr

Kaldar, First of all, you should tell everyone that this is your freedom of expression, tell them that you are a proud American working man and your exhaust is your reville, your call to wake up and get crackin'! What are their lazy asses doing in bed at 6am anyway. You live in some Bankers private community?

OK, my recco is Flowmaster American Thunder Axlebacks, they sound ever so slightly louder than stock until you hit the 2-3k rpms, then you'd think an F'n Abrahams tank was following you.

P.S. If they hate your mufflers, they're gonna just love your sub-woofers

Good luck.
If he said that and they got really mad they could report his car and hed have to get smogged. With an offroad pipe hed fail :P I dont think its a good idea to talk back to your neighbor.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:32 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Tell them to F*ck off it's a free country.....[sm=americanasmiley.gif] That's what I do....I don't care what people really think anymore....There's no law against having a loud exhaust especially since there LEGAL !!!!

Quick Reply: problem