Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK I'm in the 12's

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 02:01 AM
Rench
1st Gear Member

Default RE: OK I'm in the 12's

Yes, mid 12's are definitely achievable with these mods. Will get there soon, I'm still dialing in the suspension. Island dragway did a pretty good job with track prep today so it helped. Still have to run out of the groove there with street tires so the good 60's are tough to get. Note......on my last run of the day they took the cones away, I guess because the faster slick cars left for the day and for the first time I got to launch out of the groove. HOLY CRAP what a difference, I usually launch at 3500 and still get spin. Since I was on the good part of the track for the first time I figured I'd kick it up a notch or two. Cranked it up to 5000 rpm and went for it.
I heard BANG!!! The front end came up huge I sunk half way through the seat and then sadly, I missed 2nd, ouch, best launch I ever had and I blew it. Still managed a 1.89 60' missing second and completely letting off, just took it easy the rest of the run till I realized it was the upper control arm snubber slapping the trunk floor that made the loud bang. Never hooked good enough to have that happen yet, now that I know what to expect, that wont happen next time
Old 09-04-2006, 01:42 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Default RE: OK I'm in the 12's

Nice times. I have seen new stangs in the 12's with 3.55's. But of course the 4.10's help on the track.

till I realized it was the upper control arm snubber slapping the trunk floor that made the loud bang
Thats when you know you got it right on most solid axel cars. Same thing happens on my mopar occasionally. Havent done a ton of launches with the stang yet.