Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You guys are alright!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: You guys are alright!

I found mine at Autozone.

And I want to clarify that I wasn't removing sand and road grime with it. It was mostly just dust. Dry dust, organized in little water droplet size circles all over the car. Up until this duster I used detailer and a microfiber towel. It worked OK too but took MUCH longer to do the whole car. Maybe having a fresh polish on help. (That's where the TW Ice comes in.)
Old 09-06-2006, 07:21 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

I've only had my 'stang just over 3 months and only waxed it once. It was within the first 2-3 weeks after that waxing that I did feel comfy using my fiance's California Duster.... and I really liked the fast, easy shiny results! BUT... I do agree with several posters here that the California Duster is best suited for a well (or recently) waxed car that is not particularly particle laden.... peter piper picked a peck of particular particles! [8D]
Old 09-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

here is another good site for car care stuff, some of it is a bit pricey, but it is top shelf stuff, like pebble beach concourse quality. He also has this nice 40mill optical grade plastic for your lights and leading edges of the body, plus just all sorts of neat stuff.

Griots Garage - Car Care Stuff
Old 09-06-2006, 09:03 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

If you need your car looking like it was just washed everyday then you should seek professional help. Seriously, it's transportation and for many of us it's our daily driver, so unless you only drive it on Sunday, get used to it not being squeaky clean. Too much cleaning/dusting can be bad.

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

OK,
So what do you suggest ?
Most folks don't have the time to hand wash and dry everyday.
The CD is the best product I've found, that keeps ur Stang, (or any car) "showroom new"
Old 09-06-2006, 09:08 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

WTF was that about ? Daily driver or Sunday driver, regardless, you keep that "baby" showroom new, or find another car to drive.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:39 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

The best thing I've found about the turtle wax ice products including their quick detailer is you can use them in the sun. If you've ever used other spray detailers and had the misfortune of it drying before you can take it off, you know what a PITA it can be to get that stuff off and not have it streak.

With TWI products this is never an issue when you want to detail at car meets/shows and stuff. I love it.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:46 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tracedaddy

I've receive a lot af very helpful advice through this forum. CAI's and Tunes were the first. Then someone turned me on to Turtle Wax Ice and I've been loving that stuff.

Now.....The topper. The California Duster!!! Outstanding. My life with a black car has just been made infinitely easier. Shined her all up this weekend and wouldn't you know, rain Tuesday morning on the way to work. My car looked like a spotted, automotive, leopard by the time I got home. Used the duster on it though and in 5 min it looked like new again.

My most heartfelt gratitude to all!

The Turtle Wax is very good..........but is silicone based which attracts dust. I have switched to DuPonts new Teflon Wax and have noticed less dust attraction.
I see less dust on my California Duster.

Man, those Black Stangs are awesome.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:24 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

I just got back from a WalMat Supercenter.... they had the California Dusters for $9.87-ish.... and a few off brands for less, but probably as effective.