Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windsheild wipers

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 05:15 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default Windsheild wipers

Anyone think the stock windsheild wipers are kinda... not good? lol... dunno how to describe it but it just seems whenever I turn them on they will go back and forth but not really wipe all the water off.. Ive tried cleaning them and making sure theres nothing under them keeping the blade from touching but no luck.

What brand of windsheild wipers do you guys have good luck with?

I also have really bad spotting on my windsheild... anyone else have it? I have used some glass cleaner and it is like theyre stained on there.. really wierd, never seen it on new windsheilds before. Any ideas guys? Thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 09:43 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Windsheild wipers

Come on.. yall have opinions on EVERYTHING! You have to have a favorite brand of windsheild wiper!

[sm=feedback.gif]
Old 09-14-2006, 09:53 PM
2GKT5
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, but mine work just perfect. Gets everything off in one swipe. I dunno.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:55 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

yeah water spots are a bish, i get 'em too

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Anyone think the stock windsheild wipers are kinda... not good? lol... dunno how to describe it but it just seems whenever I turn them on they will go back and forth but not really wipe all the water off.. Ive tried cleaning them and making sure theres nothing under them keeping the blade from touching but no luck.

What brand of windsheild wipers do you guys have good luck with?

I also have really bad spotting on my windsheild... anyone else have it? I have used some glass cleaner and it is like theyre stained on there.. really wierd, never seen it on new windsheilds before. Any ideas guys? Thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

Come on.. yall have opinions on EVERYTHING! You have to have a favorite brand of windsheild wiper!

[sm=feedback.gif]

I can only help by saying I think they all suck. I wish I could count how much money I could have saved trying to find the best wiper, only to find myself replacing them yet again a short time later because they didn't last. I've tried several different brands -- depending of course on what's available at the various stores -- and none seems to be head and shoulders above the others. I first opened this thread with the same degree of curiosity you have, because I too am hoping someone can recommend something I HAVEN'T tried or never heard of.........because I HATE crappy wipers!! I want clear vision.

On that note, it doesn't matter much to me in THIS car, because my Stang windshield never gets wet. The only day it has seen rain since I bought it was the day I picked it up from the dealer. I realize others don't have the luxury of having a second vehicle to drive in inclement weather, but it sure is nice. My Stang is driven exclusively when the sun is out, and my truck goes nowhere until the clouds come out. Lucky me!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:06 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silencer06

[sm=feedback.gif]

I can only help by saying I think they all suck. I wish I could count how much money I could have saved trying to find the best wiper, only to find myself replacing them yet again a short time later because they didn't last. I've tried several different brands -- depending of course on what's available at the various stores -- and none seems to be head and shoulders above the others. I first opened this thread with the same degree of curiosity you have, because I too am hoping someone can recommend something I HAVEN'T tried or never heard of.........because I HATE crappy wipers!! I want clear vision.

On that note, it doesn't matter much to me in THIS car, because my Stang windshield never gets wet. The only day it has seen rain since I bought it was the day I picked it up from the dealer. I realize others don't have the luxury of having a second vehicle to drive in inclement weather, but it sure is nice. My Stang is driven exclusively when the sun is out, and my truck goes nowhere until the clouds come out. Lucky me!
Yeah lucky you But yeah, unfortunately its my only driver, and unfortunately I live in Florida, where the sun never shines, so I just know its only a matter of time before I get into a wreck because I cant see. Last week me and a friend were driving and it was POURING, I mean raining so bad you couldnt see 10 feet in front of you, so we are driving like 25 mph on a 65 mph road, following some SUV (I was afraid I was gonna get rear ended ). But anyways, a truck pulls up beside me and speeds off, and hit a puddle so fast that it sent all the water flying all over my car. Totally blocked out my vision, and it must have taken at least 3 swipes to get all the water off so I could see again, but in that 2-3 seconds time, another car drifted in front of me in my lane and was about half way sideways about 5 feet in front of me. If my view would have been blocked out a few more seconds we would have hit the dude... I hate not being able see and these wipers only make it worse sometimes. Seems like if theres only a little water then it smears it more than wiping it off....

I too have been on a long search for wipers, seems like I replaced wipers in my last car about once every 2-3 months.. and they all sucked.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

I heard that Bosch Icons are pretty good. Dunno how well they work on mustangs but my friend has them on his Explorer and he likes them...
Old 09-14-2006, 10:29 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Bl1nk,
I've never had good luck with after market wiper blades. The only ones that seem half way decent to me have beeen Anco......

As far as the water spotting, have you tried vinegar to remove the spots???

Mike
Old 09-14-2006, 10:42 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Thanks Saleen, Ill check em out.

No Mike, I havent tried vinegar yet, but Ill try that tomorrow as soon as it stops raining thanks! They dont look like normal water spots, theyre different.. at first thats what I thought they were, but even after rinsing and scrubbing, even while wet theyre still there. Ill try to take a picture of them.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

For wiper’s I have used SilBlade. They are not cheap and cost $29.00 each but have a 5 year warranty. I can say I have owned a set for about 4 years. I had them on my 01 F-150 and then took them off and put them on my 03 Lightning and they stayed on the Lightning when I sold it for my GT.

I will be buying another set for my Mustang and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

DO NOT USE VINEGAR because I think it is basically useless...

As far as the spots on your window, they can easily be removed by using polish for glass ceramic stove tops (glass, or smooth stove tops). Sears I believe sells a brand called Cook Top. It’s a polish designed to be used on glass and I had used it a few times on my Lightning when I had it. I had tried everything to remove water spots on the windows before with very little to no luck.

The Cook Top worked absolutely awesome and took less then 15 minutes to complete clean the windows on my Lightning and the front windshield had some really bad water spots on it.

Very easy to use:

Use a cotton towel and wet it so it is damp.
Apply about a quarter size spot of polish to the damp towel.
Rub into the window, you do NOT need to use any more pressure then you would as if just washing your windows.
Let the polish haze, will take about 10 minutes or so.
Use a dry towel to buff off.

This works great even if you don’t have water spots. You know after time how you can wash your car and windows and it looks great but you can sometimes still tell where the wipers clean? Use this polish and you can’t tell, it makes the window look like new. Again this is another product I would highly recommended and I even use as regular maintenance when detailing…

Quick Reply: Windsheild wipers