Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When you are stopped at a red light and a Honda is sitting next to you with a fart can do you

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: When you are stopped at a red light and a Honda is sitting next to you with a fart can do you

Nope, not like a regular commuter...just don't want to come off as just another jerk in a sports car. Especially with all the pathetic ricers on the road giving the other folks a bad image. But wait until I have the extra 150 HP at the rears, I'll enjoy giving a show now and then. Hmmmm....need to get a smoky detector. Anyone care to recommend one?

Old 09-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: When you are stopped at a red light and a Honda is sitting next to you with a fart can do you

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

Nope, not like a regular commuter...just don't want to come off as just another jerk in a sports car. Especially with all the pathetic ricers on the road giving the other folks a bad image. But wait until I have the extra 150 HP at the rears, I'll enjoy giving a show now and then. Hmmmm....need to get a smoky detector. Anyone care to recommend one?

There is a thread in the 2005+ section about detectors.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I generally don't waste my time with rice. Now a 350Z, Evo, or WRX is a different story. But I also get a lot of diesel that try to take me. All my encounters have been succesful but there are 13-11sec boosted up beasts out there so I'm kinda careful with them. I doesn't take much to unseal the power in those things.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

We do live in the great U.S.A so I respect your opinion though I don't understand if it's in humor or you drive a mustang like a local commuter for the most part.
ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Everytime I see an import on the road I generally waste them. Today on the interstate I accelerated hard in a merging lane with a brand new Honda a woman was driving and wasted her and her's was just regular no fart can or nothing. Another time at a redlight I did it again. Why? It's not really necessary. Am I mad that these people enjoy imports and are taking Amercia by storm? Maybe thats it. I just hope in my lifetime I still have a choice to drive a Ford.[&:]
So you love to go racing off after the light turns green for no apparent reason? cool
Sort of both...If there's a reason to floor it then why not? I do a lot during the day for tools that think they 'deserve' to go in front at a merging lane or think they'll 'zip around me to try and get one car length ahead' or whatever. But if it's just to look 'cool'..sorry but that's what gives mustang drivers a bad rap.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:28 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Being a former import driver and "tuner," I'm fairly familiar with what most imports are capable. And I'm also quite familiar with almost every import around here, which makes it even better. There are very few imports in this area that would stand a chance against a stock GT, let alone a mildly or heavily modified one. It depends a lot on what mood I'm in. If I'm just out cruising, I'll just laugh at them and let them go on their merry way. But if I feel like messin' around, I'll usually play with them a bit, and then punch it and wave goodbye (with one finger)...
Old 09-15-2006, 06:31 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

"wave goodbye with one finger"..................LOL [sm=badbadbad.gif] [sm=violent053.gif]
Old 09-15-2006, 06:51 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

The only car that even tried to get frisky with me was some sort of Mercedes vert that cound not stand the fact that I got in front of him on a merging lane entering the interstate. I really hate those folks, but I was unfamiliar with the intersection and was taking care of business. Anyhow, I was 1/2 mile down the highway and he did a 90MPH flyby from way back there to prove himself...

The real crap is I got a 62 in a 45 ticket monday and now have to go to court to beg for driving school...
What kind of cop busts someone going to work at 4:30 in the morning anyhow???
So, now I drive around with my speed control at the limit +5. It kills me that the ricers are zooming past me on the road. Grrrrr!

Hey, did anyone see this on USA Today today?

[IMG]local://upfiles/35567/DA53499B509F41B5BC4DE5EF52F5B7E8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-15-2006, 07:09 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigDave

The only car that even tried to get frisky with me was some sort of Mercedes vert that cound not stand the fact that I got in front of him on a merging lane entering the interstate. I really hate those folks, but I was unfamiliar with the intersection and was taking care of business. Anyhow, I was 1/2 mile down the highway and he did a 90MPH flyby from way back there to prove himself...

The real crap is I got a 62 in a 45 ticket monday and now have to go to court to beg for driving school...
So, now I drive around with my speed control at the limit +5. It kills me that the ricers are zooming past me on the road. Grrrrr!

Nice, Mustangs are sellin like crazy.. wonder why
Old 09-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

the F-150 sold 90k in 1 month, thats crazy....

How does ford not make money on this, it is rediculous. Cut your costs, lower pentions, stock options instead of payment. They could easily be in the green if they wanted...
Old 09-15-2006, 07:40 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

the F-150 sold 90k in 1 month, thats crazy....

How does ford not make money on this, it is rediculous. Cut your costs, lower pentions, stock options instead of payment. They could easily be in the green if they wanted...
Best selling pickup for 25 years... thats the way it should be!

Quick Reply: When you are stopped at a red light and a Honda is sitting next to you with a fart can do you