Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! RETURNED EVOLUTION TUNE TO STOCK...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:55 AM
rerun
1st Gear Member

Default RE: HELP! RETURNED EVOLUTION TUNE TO STOCK...

'Nuff said.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:36 AM
slowryde45
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Evolution Performance

Let me clarify this...........

1) When returning your car back to stock, make sure you also return your intake back to stock too or the car won’t run.

2) If people are really worried about the Ford dealer giving them a bunch of crap or worried that the dealer will update their cars strategy, I say take the aftermarket intake off, re-install the factory one and reflash their car back to stock, it takes all of 20 minutes!

3) After returning from the dealership, if anyone thinks that the dealership updated their cars strategy, call me, I will walk you through steps on how to ready your cars latest strategy and will be able to tell you 100% if they changed it or not, and if they did, I’ll e-mail the updated strategy tunes right over.
Fred,

Should you disconnect the battery when replacing the C&L intake back to stock? And if you do, does that do anything to the tune or will it make any difference since you would be flashing back to stock anyway? Just want to make sure we get it right to avoid probs like these.

By the way, I've had nothing but good times with the C&L intake/SCT tuner combo from Evolution, and would recommend them to anyone.

Slo

Old 09-20-2006, 01:51 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

Thank you Fred! I figured we had a miscommunication as soon as someone mentioned I had to get the stock box in there first.

I hope this doesn't steer anyone away fron Evo. I LOVE my axleback and SCT tune that Fred set up for me! No to mention their outstanding reputation.

This is my first experience with "tunes", so I was pretty clueless what "returning to stock" required.

ORIGINAL: Evolution Performance

Let me clarify this...........

When you have an aftermarket intake like the C&L or JLT, which changes the MAF housing to a larger one, a tune is required! If you return your car back to stock with the C&L or JLT Intake on the car, the computer isn't aware of the MAF Transfer Function changes, which is changed in the tune to accommodate the new larger MAF housing on the C&L or JLT intake and will make the car run EXTREMELY lean, which will cause the rough idle and make it feel like it's barely running, since it's starving for fuel.

1) When returning your car back to stock, make sure you also return your intake back to stock too or the car won’t run.

2) If people are really worried about the Ford dealer giving them a bunch of crap or worried that the dealer will update their cars strategy, I say take the aftermarket intake off, re-install the factory one and reflash their car back to stock, it takes all of 20 minutes!

3) After returning from the dealership, if anyone thinks that the dealership updated their cars strategy, call me, I will walk you through steps on how to ready your cars latest strategy and will be able to tell you 100% if they changed it or not, and if they did, I’ll e-mail the updated strategy tunes right over.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:37 PM
mitssn
1st Gear Member

Can the dealer flash your ECM (update the "strategy") without your prior concent? I mean, if you take it in for an oil change--Can they/will they screw with your computer??
Old 09-20-2006, 08:00 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mitssn

Can the dealer flash your ECM (update the "strategy") without your prior concent? I mean, if you take it in for an oil change--Can they/will they screw with your computer??
Some have suggested that Stealers do flash cars back to stock.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:45 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

yea i got my tune and intake in yesterday, its all flawless and they were all nice guys, I recommend EVO
Old 09-21-2006, 04:30 AM
ucdgreek
1st Gear Member

^^yup i ordered my jlt and tuner on monday...cant wait for it to come and install it...