Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous safe??

Old 09-22-2006, 08:47 AM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous safe??

lol the N20 is safe for your ride...but not his! haha theres a import shop in my area that works on them all the time, they have REAL high compression ratios from the factory, and 100 shoit is pushing his luck.i say go for it on yours, and be the good guy to call him a tow truck after you race him a few more times
Old 09-22-2006, 02:13 PM
4.6HighPerformance
1st Gear Member

i have a couple of engine mods... i want to run a zex 75 shot... but i also have a diablosport predator tuner ad it has 93, 87, etc... tunes programmed on it, if i spray will i have to get it tuned or can i run one of those pre-programmed tunes???

thanks.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:33 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz
Have you EVER used nitrous please if not then please dont give your opinion. I have been running nitrous for years, my dad currently has a z06 c6 vette with 300 shot and it still hasn't broken and we are like at our 26th bottles (note we use 2 bottles at a time). We know that with that ammount of shot we are asking for a blow but with a low shot you should be 100% safe. A 75 shot of nitrous is 10x safer than running any turbo or a supercharger at 7+ psi. Nitrous is the same kind of punishment as any supercharger or turbo. You just gotta tune it to be safe. Like with any massive power adder; if you go without a tune you are just asking for an engine blow up.
No, I never used nitrous. And I won't because of the reasons I stated. And no, those do not come out of thin air. You WILL blow your engine a lot sooner on the bottle. It's a fact you cannot deny. Your dad must be pretty lucky with his 300 shot, but it will come back to haunt you.

Same can be said about upping the power via turbo of supercharging. But like I said, those go gradually, NOS goes from 0 to a lot at the flip of a switch.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justice

ORIGINAL: androdz
Have you EVER used nitrous please if not then please dont give your opinion. I have been running nitrous for years, my dad currently has a z06 c6 vette with 300 shot and it still hasn't broken and we are like at our 26th bottles (note we use 2 bottles at a time). We know that with that ammount of shot we are asking for a blow but with a low shot you should be 100% safe. A 75 shot of nitrous is 10x safer than running any turbo or a supercharger at 7+ psi. Nitrous is the same kind of punishment as any supercharger or turbo. You just gotta tune it to be safe. Like with any massive power adder; if you go without a tune you are just asking for an engine blow up.
No, I never used nitrous. And I won't because of the reasons I stated. And no, those do not come out of thin air. You WILL blow your engine a lot sooner on the bottle. It's a fact you cannot deny. Your dad must be pretty lucky with his 300 shot, but it will come back to haunt you.

Same can be said about upping the power via turbo of supercharging. But like I said, those go gradually, NOS goes from 0 to a lot at the flip of a switch.
A lot of "opinions" here. The fact is, the stock 4.6L engine can handle up to the high 400s in HP. Above that, yes, it will need to be built. Like any engine, the harder you run it, the faster it will wear out. If you drive a stock Mustang like a granny, never going over 300 rpm, it will last forever. If you run a stock engine at it's upper limits all the time = fewer miles before a rebuild. Of course a HP punch from either nitrous or a blower means faster engine wear. They key here is discretion. Don't be an idiot, run your car within the engines capabilities and you'll be safe.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:59 PM
4.6HighPerformance
1st Gear Member

i also have a diablosport predator tuner ad it has 93, 87, etc... tunes programmed on it, if i spray will i have to get it tuned or can i run one of those pre-programmed tunes???
Old 09-22-2006, 03:51 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

I think more people have blown there stangs up using a s/c then nitrous. For the people with the nitrous questions and your tune call Brent at Brenspeed, he has used the nitrous and will answer your questions, it seems the other two poplar tuners are not knowledgeable on the subject.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

If you think people with SCs are blowing up their engines do you really think Ford would let Saleen SC their engines and sell them with a warranty? Get real. There are MANY SCd Mustangs out there and not many of them are blowing up unless they are being abused![sm=chairshot.gif]
Old 09-22-2006, 04:53 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

Nitrous doesnt blow up engines..it has never blown up engines...people blow up engines.

you can go blow your car up right now...NA if you want to.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:54 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

If you think people with SCs are blowing up their engines do you really think Ford would let Saleen SC their engines and sell them with a warranty? Get real. There are MANY SCd Mustangs out there and not many of them are blowing up unless they are being abused![sm=chairshot.gif]
Because saleen superchargers and roush superchargers give are usually at a low boost. Roush superchargers are like 5psi, and they tell you if you change the pulley you void the warranty. A 75 shot will only tickle our engines. We are running 300 on a c6 for a while now like I said and it still hasn't blown up. Like Cain said, Nitrous dont blow up engines people do. If you downshift with the nitrous activated bam there goes your engine. If you let your tires spin for too long with nitrous on there goes your engine. If you run your A/F wrong or without a tune there goes your engine. You can run it well as long as you got it tuned for it and have an A/F Gauge. Please dont give your opinions of what you have heard or read. Fact is like in everything in life the people that have the most stern opinions are the ones that have been an idiot and f...ed up. As long as you tune it and run it safe it is all good. Nitrous is almost the same punch as a fast winding turbo.

Att. Andrew
Old 09-22-2006, 06:08 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Curious, why are some of you saying ZEX instead of NX?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitrous safe??