Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diesel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 02:20 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Diesel?

ORIGINAL: tyzorg

did it sound like this? LOL!!! ROFL
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's some funny A$$ **** man !!!!! AHHHAHA...
[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

I love the sound of turbo diesels....you can do so much to make those things fast (for a truck) it's ridiculous.....I've always wanted one, but really don't have the need for a huge truck, come to think of it I really don't have the need for a sweet sportscar either lol.. o well..

I used to watch the show "Trucks!" all the time until they got rid of Stacey, he was a cool guy, but paul vinson's not bad though, also shadetree mechanic was real good.....And powerblock TV has Courtney on their from Overhaulin'......dammmmmmmm she's hot...

Ok back to the topic...sorry [:-]
Old 10-03-2006, 02:30 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

Some of those Diesel trucks are very fast. It's not uncommon to get +100 HP or more simply from a "tune". On a Diesel, getting more HP is often as simple as adding more fuel. That's whats happening when you see those trucks with the loads of black smoke coming out.
Yeah thats on my list of things I want.. right along with a track car lol. A lifted diesel 4x4. Theres someone on here that has a sweet lifted white truck with blue flames but cant remember the persons name for the life of me.

Anyways, any idea what the sound was Al? Im starting to think it might have just been a really loud blow off valve but I could swear it sounded like gears meshing together real quick.. I cant seem to find any videos of trucks that sound like this one.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:43 AM
S2K1
1st Gear Member

I used to have an STi with a BOV on it, and to me it sounded like air shooting out exactly what it was doing, but I had people who came up to me and told me I needed to learn how to drive because they thought I was grinding gears. It was a mechanical sound they thought they were hearing. And Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 all have the same shape and can be configured to look the same, considering it had a diesel, it had to be a 2500 or 3500.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:54 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S2K1

I used to have an STi with a BOV on it, and to me it sounded like air shooting out exactly what it was doing, but I had people who came up to me and told me I needed to learn how to drive because they thought I was grinding gears. It was a mechanical sound they thought they were hearing. And Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 all have the same shape and can be configured to look the same, considering it had a diesel, it had to be a 2500 or 3500.
Ah well it looked short so I figured it was a 1500, could have very well been a 2500 or 3500 for that matter though since the only badging I saw was the one that said diesel on the side... I wasnt really paying attention to it at the time. I just wish I could find a video of another truck with the sound so yall dont think Im crazy or something lol.. Im gonna start carrying my video camera with me simply for stuff like this.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:39 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: itsafordthing2

LOL.... yea prob a turbo, i raced one, when i was stock and he was only 1 car length behind me. better watch out for some of them they can be really qiuck for what they are
My 2004 F350 has the 6.0 Powerstroke with a 5" Magnaflow turbo back, non catted exhaust, CAI, and I use the Hypertech III tuner. It is lifted 4" and I run 315/75R16 Pro Comp All Terrain tires. I have run my quickest 1/4 time of 13.02 with the tuner set to power stage 3. With nitrous or propane injection added, it could run in the upper 12's. I don't usually race it, but I pull a 40' toy hauler and my boat with it.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:18 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

ORIGINAL: itsafordthing2

LOL.... yea prob a turbo, i raced one, when i was stock and he was only 1 car length behind me. better watch out for some of them they can be really qiuck for what they are
My 2004 F350 has the 6.0 Powerstroke with a 5" Magnaflow turbo back, non catted exhaust, CAI, and I use the Hypertech III tuner. It is lifted 4" and I run 315/75R16 Pro Comp All Terrain tires. I have run my quickest 1/4 time of 13.02 with the tuner set to power stage 3. With nitrous or propane injection added, it could run in the upper 12's. I don't usually race it, but I pull a 40' toy hauler and my boat with it.
Wow nice truck.. a little larger than something Id want, but nice truck nonetheless.

Im about ready to just give up on my search and say it was a really wierd/loud turbo blow off valve because I cant find any videos that sound like it lol. Unless of course someone else has any other ideas...
Old 10-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

The thing about diesel is to get any real performance out of it you have to put a turbo on it, and an upgraded chip. I don't understand the attraction of diesel pickups though. Diesel pickups are: more expensive; the fuel is more expensive; the maintenance is more expensive; repairs are much more expensive; they don't haul any more than a comparable gas truck, so I don't see any advantages unless it's the ego stroking or anatomy compensation aspect I guess.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:25 PM
S2K1
1st Gear Member

Have you ever towed with a diesel truck? A couple of years ago I had a diesel Ram and currently have a Hemi Ram. Well going up any kind of hill, the diesel is gaining speed towing say 5000 lbs. and the Hemi is almost floored to maintain speed. Also, my Diesel Ram got 16-18mpg, my current Ram 12.5 and only 8-9 while towing a heavy load. Right now diesel is less expensive where I live. So it gets better gas mileage, is cheaper to fill up, and is great towing, yeah, why would you get one over a gas truck? Hmm...
Old 10-04-2006, 01:55 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I have a 03 F-250 7.3 liter Powerstroke that I use to tow my camper. The camper is 32 ft. long and weighs about 11,000 pounds when I tow it. I have the SCT tuner set on economy tow since I don't want to keep changing the tune when I want to tow heavy loads. This truck has no problems towing that load. I have used a V-10 gas engine before and it just didn't have all the power or torque of the diesel. If that was a Dodge that you seen, then it would have a Cummins engine. Those engines are loud anyway but they are sure powerful if I must say so myself.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:40 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Booster

The thing about diesel is to get any real performance out of it you have to put a turbo on it, and an upgraded chip. I don't understand the attraction of diesel pickups though. Diesel pickups are: more expensive; the fuel is more expensive; the maintenance is more expensive; repairs are much more expensive; they don't haul any more than a comparable gas truck, so I don't see any advantages unless it's the ego stroking or anatomy compensation aspect I guess.
Or the loud exhaust and cool black smoke that comes out the back

Quick Reply: Diesel?