Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CDC Ducktail or GT500 Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:35 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CDC Ducktail or Roush Spoiler??

I just uploaded a pic of mine as my sig... see below.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 PM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

Does the GT500 spoiler use the same holes as the GT spoiler?
Old 10-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

I'm going to disagree with Scotte, as that is probably the last ducktail I would buy. It is way to big and does not look correct on the car unless it's on 20's and has the rest of the body kit. I say CDC over Roush, if you're worried about money just use plugs until you are willing to fill them. The CDC gives the car a great look, IMO.

I would be going with that spoiler, but I too don't want to fill the holes. I'm going to be going with the GT500 spoiler from Ford themselves, think it looks great and it covers the holes.

-Jeff
I totally disagree. It fits the car quite well and looks like the original Shelby Mustangs and California Specials from the 60's. The CDC is way too small, and definitely looks purely aftermarket. If you don't fill the holes for the CDC, you have to either plug them or use CDC's crappy billet braces. Both will look $hitty and cheap.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Did you get your Cervinis Duck Tail directly from Cervinis? What did it cost you to have it painted. Was it easy to install?
ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

ORIGINAL: nothsa

I'm going to disagree with Scotte, as that is probably the last ducktail I would buy. It is way to big and does not look correct on the car unless it's on 20's and has the rest of the body kit. I say CDC over Roush, if you're worried about money just use plugs until you are willing to fill them. The CDC gives the car a great look, IMO.

I would be going with that spoiler, but I too don't want to fill the holes. I'm going to be going with the GT500 spoiler from Ford themselves, think it looks great and it covers the holes.

-Jeff
I totally disagree. It fits the car quite well and looks like the original Shelby Mustangs and California Specials from the 60's. The CDC is way too small, and definitely looks purely aftermarket. If you don't fill the holes for the CDC, you have to either plug them or use CDC's crappy billet braces. Both will look $hitty and cheap.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:48 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Dam, that spoiler looks enormously big IMO but everyone has their opinion. Your car looks awesome though Scotte, keep it up.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Psycho79
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LAK3RS

ORIGINAL: Psycho79

Hey man I really appreciate those Pics..could I possibly get some from the back??? thanks

- Justin
I'll try to borrow my sis's camera this weekend to get a pic from the back of the car, if not I can take a few w/ my cell phone, but the quality won't be nearly as good.
Yeah man I would really appreciate it if you would. Thanks.

- Justin
Wasn't able to get pics this weekend(my sis was outta town and my cell phone is refusing to send the pics to my email), but I've decided to finally get a digital camera myself, so I should have pics by this weekend.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:52 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

From the back the CDC is perfect but I agree it looks a bit short from the front. But I like it a lot.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:10 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Psycho79

Hey man I really appreciate those Pics..could I possibly get some from the back??? thanks

- Justin
I'll try to borrow my sis's camera this weekend to get a pic from the back of the car, if not I can take a few w/ my cell phone, but the quality won't be nearly as good.
Yeah man I would really appreciate it if you would. Thanks.

- Justin

Hey Justin, Southwest Ford in Weatherford is an SVT parts dealer and they should have that GT500 spoiler!!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:11 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

[/quote]

Hey Justin, Southwest Ford in Weatherford is an SVT parts dealer and they should have that GT500 spoiler!!

[/quote]

Hey i think I saw your stang the other day in Weatherford.... over by the intersection heading toward MW....those were some nice rims if that was you. I might just head over to Southwest today and see...i duno
Old 10-16-2006, 05:30 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

It probably was me because I am the only Vista Blue 07 in town with 20" rims and no rear spoiler. Thanks for compliment.....one of these days Ill get to see that stang of yours. If you see me again, HONK so Ill see ya!!!!! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

BTW, if SWest doesnt have one they most certainly can get it for ya!!!! Tell them Billy Stowe sent ya their way

Quick Reply: CDC Ducktail or GT500 Spoiler