Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I raced a Z06!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I raced a Z06!

JD1969 Why are you here? Furthermore you are a Chevy Man on a Mustang Forum. That makes no sense to me unless you like the attention that you bring.
ORIGINAL: JD1969

Funny thing is that I am THE furthest thing from a Vette guy, despite the fact that build custom ones for a living, but I have to say the C6 and the Z06 is really starting to grow on me. I will be in the market for a new car in a couple years and depending on what the new Camaro ends up being and if Ford has anything like the 03/04 Cobras, a C6 Z06 might be in the cards for me. Time will tell.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I raced a Z06!

Top Gear looks down on US car performance for good reason. Except for a tiny handfull of vehicles, US cars drive like crap. I get Evo magazine. It's a British performance car rag. Most US cars are not performance oriented. They are just basic transportation with a skin over the chasis. Europe has tiny twisty roads, so the cars are designed to handle them. The US has big banked highways, and our cars just roll along. Most import cars handle pretty well, and so GM Ford and Chrysler are having a renaisance to try and catch up. But it's late.

GM built a replica of the Nurburgring here in the US so they dont have to ship their cars to Germany for performance tuning; we dont have anything like it here. Any idiot can drop a big motor in a small car, but the future of performance is dynamics, including handling and braking, and we had to import 14 miles of German road to design our cars.

I think the quality of my 07 Mustang is great. But I was dissapointed when I first sat in an 05. I didnt like the interior plastic. My friend with a $50k Volvo thought the 05 interior was fine.

Anyway, their are great new cars coming out all over, including from the US. GM is 10 years late with the Solstice/Sky, but they're hot little Miata challengers. The Fiero and Riatta debacles broke my heart (mismanagement). The Lincoln LS, Maurader, and Thunderbird hurt (more show than go). But the big 3 know what's up now and I belive they will continue in the right direction.

I preffer Ford. I love Mustang. But I dont care what you drive as long as it's American.