Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MUST READ. leak problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 02:19 PM
afterburner

Default MUST READ. leak problem

I seen somewhere in a thread about the 05-06 stangs leaking water into the passenger side and getting a musty smell. Well I ckecked mine and the padding under the right side is wet. I checked through the access door in the right kick panel and ran mt hand down to the pad. I suggest everyone do this and get it fixed before your floor begins to rust open. It is warrenty work
Old 10-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Default RE: MUST READ. leak problem

There was alerady two very large threads on this, but thanks again!
Old 10-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Here is the post. May i ask, what year your Stang is, Afterburner?

https://mustangforums.com/m_2076816/tm.htm
Old 10-18-2006, 11:45 AM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Seems like another common problem that many people may not know they have. I haven't checked mine yet but this is another example of the value of this forum. I also read the long thread about this and, like the hood flex problem some people have, seems like an issue/defect Ford should definitely acknowledge and correct if you have it.

Do you have the musty smell or did you just check because you read about it on the forum?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afterburner

I seen somewhere in a thread about the 05-06 stangs leaking water into the passenger side and getting a musty smell. Well I ckecked mine and the padding under the right side is wet. I checked through the access door in the right kick panel and ran mt hand down to the pad. I suggest everyone do this and get it fixed before your floor begins to rust open. It is warrenty work
When you say it is warranty work, has your dealer acknowledged this and where EXACTLY is the leak originating from?
Old 10-18-2006, 02:19 PM
afterburner

My car is the 05gt. My wife has been saying it smells different. Just could not pin point what it was. I've had it since
dec 04.
I did speak with the Manager of the dealership and he said it is covered under the bumper to bumper cause it is still under the 36,000 miles. I dropped the pony off yesterday. We'll see what happens.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afterburner

My car is the 05gt. My wife has been saying it smells different. Just could not pin point what it was. I've had it since
dec 04.
I did speak with the Manager of the dealership and he said it is covered under the bumper to bumper cause it is still under the 36,000 miles. I dropped the pony off yesterday. We'll see what happens.
Please let us all know WHERE the leak is originating from. Extremely important, because many of us would prefer to do it ourselves.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:19 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

I have a 2006 V6, the manufacture date is March of 2006. I just checked under that panel and sure enough, my floor pad is wet. We just had 2 days of rain here in CT. There's no smell, but it's definitely wet. I guess I should get that taken care of ASAP.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:42 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Wow! I can't believe how many people are finding this problem. This is just the people that are on this forum and read the threads!

How widespread can this issue be? - Must be thousands of Mustangs affected and it seems diffucult to detect even if you do have it as Mustang has not issued any official comment as far as I know. I have not checked mine but I will as soon as possible.

I am also curious about the causes people are finding to see if they are all the same or fall into categories. Please keep up the related posts!

Old 10-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

Yall drive in the rain?

Quick Reply: MUST READ. leak problem