Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!!!MUSTANG MONTHLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 03:06 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: !!!MUSTANG MONTHLY!!!

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

ORIGINAL: mustangman2424

I agree with you guys, but if I say that i'm not in it for the money and this turns into something bigger, and could potentially be worth allot of money, then I don't want people getting the idea that my photo's are just easy to get and they are free, I just used "compensation" as a way of sending my message. Anyways I did prctiacally beg for it to be printed, and all I really want is an issue of the magazine. But to be honest they could have done a better job, because if it wasn't for Blackie I would have never know that my picture even got published. WIth that being said you guys have no idea how happy I am, unfortunately I will have to get an even better picture than this one once I get my own stang', because the dad is too happy right now lol, but his happiness turns into my happiness when i'm driving the stang' and he lets me open her up from time to time.
I think you did a fine job with the letter you wrote. You dont want them to think they can just use your picture without permission, thats not right. YES you did ask for it to be printed but if they never gave you a confirmation that it would be then thats wrong and they should have known that. If it were a professional photographer that was serious about his material and he offered his picture and they printed it without permission they could be looking at a hefty lawsuit. I wouldnt be worried about getting much money - if any - I would just want them to justify that they printed your picture. Make sure they printed your name under the picture, and gave you credit for it. The word compensation in your letter could be anything from a subscription, or cash or whatever. Now Ive never had a picture published but I wouldnt think it out of the ordinary for them to send you a complimentary copy of the issue you were printed in..
Thanks for the heads-up.

My name (Eric Swartz) is printed under the picture so everything is good there. LOL all I want is one issue lol, and if I subscribe to it now I won't get my first issue until probably next month, my friends at school won't believe me without evidence lol.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:04 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ya on something like this a free copy of the issue in question sounds about right
Old 10-24-2006, 06:22 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads!"
Old 10-24-2006, 11:46 AM
afterburner

I sent pics of my two mustangs to Mustang monthly back in 05. The pic was my 05 gt and my 67 sitting next to each other. They were put in the mag about 3 months later. I wasn't notified that they would be in the mag so it was a surprise when i seen it BUT they did have my permission when i submitted them. It was really cool.On another point my wife is a photographer and she by no means expects anything in return for our pics being used in the mag. There are hundreds of red mustangs on the net that look just like yours. IMO I wouldn't press the issue. Be glad you got your car in a mag.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:20 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: afterburner

I sent pics of my two mustangs to Mustang monthly back in 05. The pic was my 05 gt and my 67 sitting next to each other. They were put in the mag about 3 months later. I wasn't notified that they would be in the mag so it was a surprise when i seen it BUT they did have my permission when i submitted them. It was really cool.On another point my wife is a photographer and she by no means expects anything in return for our pics being used in the mag. There are hundreds of red mustangs on the net that look just like yours. IMO I wouldn't press the issue. Be glad you got your car in a mag.
Ok thanks that's good to know. You think they will even send me a free issue of it?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:31 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Just got an e-mail and they said sorry for the confusion, and they will happily send a few issues my way!!!

LOL BTW I went to another store today to see if I could finally find Mustang Monthly.........AND THEY HAD IT..................except they only had the october isuue DOH!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 08:47 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Good for them. At least they came through with that. If you're cool with that, then "done deal."
Old 10-24-2006, 09:47 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

Good for them. At least they came through with that. If you're cool with that, then "done deal."
Oh yeah I am totally cool with that. THe only way I could really se getting any money would be if there was an aricle about me, or if I sent them a spy photo or something.