Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Not to do to Your V6 'Stang...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:31 PM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What Not to do to Your V6 'Stang...

The beauty of a mustang is that it reflects the owner and what you want it to be. Each pony has a style of its own and i must say i love this forum due to we are all mustang people with unique one of kind ponys. Oh ya and Bring it on
Old 11-01-2006, 11:34 PM
GuitarGuyBMG
2nd Gear Member

I have a better story then that. Last year at my high school's football game ( i was a senior last year ) a guy from the school we were playing pulled up in what appeared to be a 03 or so Yellow Cobra. This thing had all the decal's, including the SVT logo and the cobra logo. There was one problem, I saw it pulling up and I expected to hear that distinctive Cobra exhaust note.... but I didn't. There was also another huge give away: It was a cold night, and as the car passed I noticed exhaust smoke coming from only ONE exhaust tip, however it appeared to have dual exhaust. The guy walked by and one of my friends asked him how much HP he was running.... his was reply was "About 200". I looked at it after he walked off and the thing had a auto tranny in it... lol.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:39 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

who has seen that one gt on the net with a japanese writing on the back and the guy says he has converted it to vtech. It goes both ways
Old 11-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: petepete

who has seen that one gt on the net with a japanese writing on the back and the guy says he has converted it to vtech. It goes both ways
The V-Tec Cobra?

Or the turbo, rotary engine, with rods and pistons that runs 11's on street tires?
Old 11-02-2006, 03:02 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Hahaha, i love the last bit of your story. Did you smoke his ***?
Old 11-02-2006, 03:27 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Wouldnt bash rotary engines, theyre some of the best engines around, they make more power than regular stroke combustion engines, and are much better all around from a performance stand point. Id like to see Mazda/Ford produce a nice lighweight car with a rear mounted, rear wheel drive wankel rotary engine of decent size (above 4L).
Old 11-02-2006, 03:34 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

ORIGINAL: petepete

The V-Tec Cobra?

Or the turbo, rotary engine, with rods and pistons that runs 11's on street tires?
rofl yea the turbo rotary with headers and pistons and vtec cobra
Old 11-02-2006, 03:42 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Wouldnt bash rotary engines, theyre some of the best engines around, they make more power than regular stroke combustion engines, and are much better all around from a performance stand point. Id like to see Mazda/Ford produce a nice lighweight car with a rear mounted, rear wheel drive wankel rotary engine of decent size (above 4L).

I know rotaries are great engines.

There is a video online of a V-6 Mustang with GT/R badges on it and the owner says it is a rotary engine with a turbo(not possible), pistons(again not possible), etc.

The V-tec cobra is still the funniest one though
Old 11-02-2006, 04:09 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Ooo ok.. lol.. never seen a Mustang with a rotary engine.. probably never will either unless they go large scale with it.. just too much weight for a 1.3L engine to lug around all day. I love the people who misbadge stuff lol, and the excuses about Vtec stuff is always fun.. "My Vtec wasnt on!" "O you shouldve waited until my Vtech kicked in!" .. Um no.. its a race, Im not going to wait for you. Gotta love it.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:28 AM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Juntech

Hahaha, i love the last bit of your story. Did you smoke his ***?
Not in traffic that was moving 5 miles per hour!! LOL! And he revved me! What a tool! Like, where were we going to race to?

Quick Reply: What Not to do to Your V6 'Stang...