Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Not to do to Your V6 'Stang...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 11:50 AM
pork
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What Not to do to Your V6 'Stang...

When I read this last night my first thought was it's his/her mustang, and if he/she is happy with it what do you care. When I read it again this morning I had the same thought. If I want my new GT Vert in purple with pink flames, with a shelby front end, What do you care? What difference does it make if someone wants to clone something. Don't like it, don't look at it... Half the classic cars out there today are clones. It's not for me, but if it makes someone else happy more power to them...
Old 11-02-2006, 12:29 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

I know rotaries are great engines.

There is a video online of a V-6 Mustang with GT/R badges on it and the owner says it is a rotary engine with a turbo(not possible), pistons(again not possible), etc.

The V-tec cobra is still the funniest one though
Getting farther off topic...

Are you saying it is impossible to have a turbo on a rotary? Because that would be incorrect...

http://www.turborx8.net/

http://www.turbo-kits.com/rx-8_turbo_kits.html
Old 11-02-2006, 12:33 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

It's because no one likes a hypocrite...

ORIGINAL: pork

When I read this last night my first thought was it's his/her mustang, and if he/she is happy with it what do you care. When I read it again this morning I had the same thought. If I want my new GT Vert in purple with pink flames, with a shelby front end, What do you care? What difference does it make if someone wants to clone something. Don't like it, don't look at it... Half the classic cars out there today are clones. It's not for me, but if it makes someone else happy more power to them...
Old 11-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

thats it all he had was a GT emblem and pony decals? pssh my next mod is Cobra emblems and GT500 decals........lmao thats lame as hell you should have smoked his ***....but wait how do you know he just wasnt in a sleeper? lol
Old 11-02-2006, 03:15 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pork

Did you not see this in my post:

Now, each person has their own style - that being said, to each their own...
?
Old 11-02-2006, 04:01 PM
giovani13
1st Gear Member

I agree, to each their own. Paint it pink with flames, like was said. My problem is advertising (badging) to be something specific you’re not. GT, Cobra, whatever. You like the GT front bumper, great, put it on. Just don’t put on the GT badge, and GT guys don’t put on the Cobra badge.

To illustrate what could happen. Just last Sunday I handed a Charger R/T its *** …big, big, big time. Upon closer inspection when’s the last time you saw an R/T with a single exhaust and a crooked R/T badge? Not to mention it wasn’t a Hemi I heard, trust me. I’m not a Dodge guy, but I know it wasn’t an R/T. Now…what if I hadn’t realized this? I would be bragging on forums about how I annihilated an R/T. It gives the R/T a bad name. I still believe I could beat one, but this was a complete slaughter, just a down right ugly beating. Of course it was, it was a six! Put the wheels on, grills, whatever makes you happy and makes you a look alike, just don’t put on that badge.