Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

louvers

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 10:44 AM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: louvers

These are the best looking louvers.

Louvers

Old 11-03-2006, 11:45 AM
06SilverStang
1st Gear Member

With installing louvers, the most important thing to do is heat the louver up to 115 degrees F in an oven before installing.
This was my install procedure...

1. Placed the car in the sun.
2. Cleaned side windows with 50% isopropyl alcohol & 50% water.
3. Heated louvers in an oven set to 115 degrees F for 15 minutes.
4. Removed backing of tape and installed running my thumb with pressure along the finished sides were the tape is.
5. Let the car sit in the sun for another hour.

This maybe overkill but their not coming off ever.

Glenn
Old 11-06-2006, 03:28 PM
stangdaddydc

dg custom louvers a very nice. easy to install and you can see very well from the inside. put a set on the wifes car yesterday and ordered myself a set today. paint match was perfect.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:47 PM
stangmomasc
2nd Gear Member

Agree with stangdaddydc.....they were easy to install....just heated them up with a hair dryer, heated the window too for good adhesion of the glue strips. The color matched perfect......fast delivery......look great fit pretty flush against the glass which was important to me.....here are a couple of pics......You can see out of them somewhat...it is not a complete blind spot......I drove it and it did not impair my vision at all....
Old 11-06-2006, 09:06 PM
skin5050
2nd Gear Member

All:

This weekend I saw an 07 GT w/ the louvers on his car that were the same ones I see most of you have. They are the ones from ebay that sell for about $185~ painted. His stang was black and I knew it was an 07 b/c of the wheels and the hood scoop. Anyways, his louvers couldn't have been that old and the one on the passenger side was already fading (paint) and the color match wasn't great. Is this common for this to happen? Just makes me wonder that if you do pay only $185 you are getting what you pay for.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:39 PM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

Skin,
The answer to your question would be a definite YES. The ebay ones are not painted properly, nor do they match the Ford paint codes as advertised. The ABS plastic material and 3M mounting tape are fine, they are just not finished very well. I would recommend staying away from Ebay and trying one of the sites listed above. They seem to have better QC........ Good luck finding what you're looking for.

UB10
Old 11-06-2006, 11:31 PM
natuning

ORIGINAL: pxdig

I am planning on finally selling my '97 mustang and moving up to a 2005/6 GT. I love the way the louvers look on this model (reminds me of the 1960's fastbacks) but I would like to keep some visiblity. My question, does anybody have louvers on that allow even partial visibility or do they all pretty much block that critical angel, specially in traffic ???

BTW, I plan on modifying this pone quite a bit so I hope I can get some good advice on this board. [IMG][/IMG]

thanks....
Hi, someone in this thread said you will lose some visibility and that is true but my gosh, they look awesome. As a resource, I can offer you top-notch quality painted (or unpainted) louvers from 3D Carbon. Check out www.northamericantuning.com and click on Louvers. There are lots of poor quality stuff for cheap out there and a Mustang is worth better than that!

[IMG]local://upfiles/53429/C79C73EC58154F738A49477DFE797D53.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

Go with the Roush Louvers, that's what I have. There's some visiblity and IMO they look the best!

I got them at THR, let them know you're a MF.com member and they'll hook you up

ENJOY!

-DG
Old 11-07-2006, 12:52 PM
stangmomasc
2nd Gear Member

Ok.....I got my louvers from DG Customs and they were $185.00 which I do not consider cheap....but they are guaranteed and you can return them if not satisfied........they fit great, the paint was matched perfectly, and done very well......Check on the roush louvers which were $385.00 and could not see much difference in them and the ones I bought.....except the $200.00 price diff.....so I think it is up to each persons as to what they want....and to label others that you don't have as cheap is not very good advice........
Old 11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

Did anybody say their louvers were "cheap"? If so, their sense of value must be out of whack. The Ebay louvers are not cheap at $185, especially when the fit and finish suck out loud. However, you can pay $300 ,$400, even $500 for basically the same molded plastic with better paint, and in the case of Roush, a better method of mounting them.

I agree, it's really personal preference, but I've yet to buy a mod for my Stang that I thought was "cheap"; perhaps overvalued, but not cheap. Supply and demand process definitely at work here.

UB10

Quick Reply: louvers