Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

louvers

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 PM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

Default louvers

I am planning on finally selling my '97 mustang and moving up to a 2005/6 GT. I love the way the louvers look on this model (reminds me of the 1960's fastbacks) but I would like to keep some visiblity. My question, does anybody have louvers on that allow even partial visibility or do they all pretty much block that critical angel, specially in traffic ???

BTW, I plan on modifying this pone quite a bit so I hope I can get some good advice on this board. [IMG][/IMG]

thanks....
Old 11-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Rsmin
1st Gear Member

Default RE: louvers

Put my louvers on this past weekend. They do have the open slots. Haven't had any problem with the vision.
I really like the way it looks.

Rusty
Old 11-01-2006, 11:07 PM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

can you give me the name or website where I could check them out ???

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:15 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

you can see through roush louvers and mrt louvers that i can think of. im sure there are more
Old 11-01-2006, 11:23 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

WTF, when you drive a MUSTANG, you worry about what's in front of you, (ya dun already passed what's behind you), and them little "windows" covered, or not, don't give much visibility anyway.
Ya must be like 5'5', or maybe shorter..
IMHO
Old 11-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Rsmin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pxdig

Thanks.
There are several places you can get them. This is where I wound up getting mine.

https://www.dgcustomauto.com/categor...?categoryId=80

I have a Windveil Blue 06 GT and they matched the color perfectly. It took about 10 days for them to ship them from the time they received my order, but was worth the wait and the installation is a snap. They also sell on ebay, but are a few dollars cheaper from the web site. The only draw back over these from the Roush is that the Roush louvers do come off so you can wash the windows and these don't. The Roush look great as well. It just depends on which look you are going for.

Rusty

Old 11-02-2006, 12:39 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/m_2143122/...tm.htm#2143686

heres a past post ... idk whos it is but it looks real sweet and i think hes the only person ive seen take a pic from the inside it gives ya a good idea of what your going to get as far as vision..

It does restrict you a little but they look sick!
Old 11-02-2006, 02:01 AM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

I would not recommend the E-Bay louvers for two reasons.

1) The paint was not even close to the factory match I expected. They request a paint code when you order, but they are obviously not using Ford's formula.

2) The louvers are not finished on the inside. I refinished mine both inside and out, but it cost me an additional $30 for the paint and a lot of time to sand and prime them.

The louvers look good, and visibility is pretty good, but the poor quality of fit and finish makes them a poor value.

UB10

Old 11-02-2006, 04:47 AM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

What Hoodscopp is that Underbird? - And how much did that stripe job cost? is it painted?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:39 AM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rsmin

ORIGINAL: pxdig

Thanks.
There are several places you can get them. This is where I wound up getting mine.

https://www.dgcustomauto.com/categor...?categoryId=80

I have a Windveil Blue 06 GT and they matched the color perfectly. It took about 10 days for them to ship them from the time they received my order, but was worth the wait and the installation is a snap. They also sell on ebay, but are a few dollars cheaper from the web site. The only draw back over these from the Roush is that the Roush louvers do come off so you can wash the windows and these don't. The Roush look great as well. It just depends on which look you are going for.

Rusty

Another endorsement for DGcustomauto. Great product, great service. I am thrilled with mine.

Quick Reply: louvers