Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antenna options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default Antenna options?

I'm a little frustrated, and I'd like some suggestions.

I purchased a shorty antenna, and when I attempted to test fit one of the three threads (for different styled mustangs) I seemed to have found the one. So after it threaded a turn or two it got stiff... So I turned it with a wrench and it snapped... Great... So I spend $40 at Sears to get these screw out things. I try it and it doesn't work. So I got frustrated and tried drilling the rest of it out. So after drilling, picking out pieces, and whatever else... it seems I got it all out but ruined the threads.

So the question is, do I buy a whole reciever? (Cost around $17... Unfortunately it goes down the inside of the fender and through the firewall, and the only disconnect is right before it plugs into the radio. -- beneath the passenger seat.) It would be a real pain in the *** to do this. Plus you have to remove the wheel/plastic covering underneath. I've done it already just to follow the line.

Do I try to tap it out, and use the larger screw attachment for the shorty antenna? I don't exactly know how to do this, so it won't be as easy as I would think.

Or does anyone have any other ideas?

The screw out did work on the antenna itself, so it was salvagable. Sad... I know. I should have stopped when the threads weren't going in, but I guess I had an airhead moment.