Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FREE Oil change

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 03:30 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default FREE Oil change

For now no I'll do it myself and not fall for a FREE offer
ok on 11-3-06 I went to Baytown Ford to have my oil changed I only went there because I had a coupon for a FREE oil change and even tho I provided the oil and filter it cost me $10 if I had known this I would have changed it myself
so can some of you review the letter I typed up planning to send to ford if so I'll post it
Old 11-04-2006, 05:25 AM
Johnnydayz
1st Gear Member

Default RE: FREE Oil change

you were definitely taken by your dealership. I was also given a "first oil change free" coupon. I took the offer and was very please as it was all completely 100% free. sorry to hear about your experience. where is this letter you are talking about. i wouldn't mind helping you out. you should be treated like gold as you are a paying customer. I work for the retail industry and customer service is always #1 above anything else, even sales!! Keep the customers happy and they'll keep coming back! i don't understand why others don't see that this idea works!!
Old 11-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

here I want to revise it before e-mailing it to them

Hello my name is "Name omited"
I have always liked Ford vehicles and service

On Monday October 2nd, 2006 I bought a Ford Mustang GT at Baytown Ford

I was told that I would receive a survey in the mail and if I brought in the survey I would be given a Free oil change and when I did I was given a coupon for a free oil change however I am more picky about what oil I put in my car so I purchased 6 quarts of Royal Purple 5W-20 motor oil and after some research I bought a K&N oil filter (NOT AIR FILTER) because my research showed that this oil filter is better than the others in design and construction

So Today (Friday November 3rd, 2006) I went to Baytown Ford to have the oil changed and it all seemed fine till it was done and at that point I was told that because I provided my own oil I would have to pay the labor which isn't that big a deal money wise but I had been told that at most I would have to pay tax and I provided the oil and if I had been informed of this I would have changed it myself

And then to add to that I said I was planning to change the ATF & Differential to Royal Purple ATF and Max gear for the Trans fluid and Differential respectively and the service guy said if I changed the Transmission fluid to anything except the Motorcraft fluid it would void the warranty which is not only illegal but stupid

If I’m going to be the target of bait and switch I’ll have to reconsider my strong preference of Ford Motor Company

If someone can get away with something like this I hate to imagine if it was something bigger

When I research something I am very complete about it
After I am confident that the break-in period is complete I only use Full synthetic motor oil because I care about my car and I am willing to spend more to see that it stays in good shape but I only spend the money on what research proves is better for my car not because I am weaseled out of my hard earned cash with an offer of free service
Old 11-04-2006, 08:18 AM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

The reason you had to pay is because you did not use there oil and brought your own. It would have been 100% free if you had them use Ford oil. They have to charge you labor because of it. Just how it is, IMO I wouldn't send that letter. Its gonna make you look stupid. Don't get pissed at me, you asked
Old 11-04-2006, 09:14 AM
The long rider
1st Gear Member

Don't bother sending your letter, Ford doesn't care about you. I know they don't care about me. I have called and sent emails to them with a paint issue since May with no results!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:15 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

The type of service you will recieve in the future as a result of that letter will cost you much more than $10. If you can't make it more to the point and eliminate words like "stupid" and "bate (sic) and switch", don't send it. You've already been given the reason, and although I agree it's nonsense, it's only $10 and you can just go to a different dealer next time. Talk with your feet.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: richmod

The type of service you will recieve in the future as a result of that letter will cost you much more than $10. If you can't make it more to the point and eliminate words like "stupid" and "bate (sic) and switch", don't send it. You've already been given the reason, and although I agree it's nonsense, it's only $10 and you can just go to a different dealer next time. Talk with your feet.

I kinda agree, vote with your wallet
Old 11-04-2006, 01:58 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

I've had mostly good luck when writing companies when I have issues, or complaints with something they have done/not done.

It is a crapshoot though.

If you are going to send them a letter I would remove any insulting comments "bate and switch" (it's bait by the way).

It is best to simply outline the issue as politely as possible. A big point is to make them understand that you have been a loyal cutomer for X amount of years and should be valued as a customer.

I like to stress points that are pertinent to the company.

Use the example of Fords current financial situation and stress that they should be trying to retain a cutomer, rather than make them feel cheated.

Odds are if they respond, it will be a form letter.

You never know though, if the right person reads it they may surprise you.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:53 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

But I see no reason to send a letter. You did not use there oil, and Im curios why you changed your oil only after 1 month w/ synthetic anyways. That free oil chang is using there supplies. Also, that $10 includes disposal
Old 11-04-2006, 03:00 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

greatest deal ever

on my jeep we got them to throw in lifetime oil changes....so every 3000 miles we bring it in and they change the oil for free

We just recently changed it ourselves and put mobil 1 in and it seems to idle/run better so maybe we'll stick with this. at 25 bux a pop for oil changes and like 10 oil changes on it so far...seems really good. And they have our name on file and we have a card that says it so we get it every time no fight. The first time the oil was going to be changed though we said hey lets do it. We butchered the oil filter and couldnt get it off it was so tight. We gave up before we did the screw driver through the filter shoot for hell idea.

Quick Reply: FREE Oil change