Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LESSONS LEARNED THE HARD WAY - MY NASTY WRECK

Old 11-07-2006, 10:19 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: [b]LESSONS LEARNED THE HARD WAY - MY NASTY WRECK[/b]

Dammmmmm, so glad to hear you are ok, that is one trippy crash!!! I dont think "any" mustang can handle well on wet pavement that is why I drive like a granny when its wet outside. I literally suck a hickie on the seat!!!

Hate to see such a pretty stang smashed!!! Hey, atleast a new one is on the horizon!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

I'm glad you're OK!

-DG
Old 11-07-2006, 11:12 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

Dammmmmm, so glad to hear you are ok, that is one trippy crash!!! I dont think "any" mustang can handle well on wet pavement that is why I drive like a granny when its wet outside. I literally suck a hickie on the seat!!!

Hate to see such a pretty stang smashed!!! Hey, atleast a new one is on the horizon!!!
EL-OH-EL!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Huevos Grande

Good to hear you're ok. Congrats on surviving a vert rollover (albeit a gentle one).

I'm curious about two things:

1) Most people's heads are normally slightly above the top of the headrest, so if you just sat upright in your seat, your head would hit the ground before the rest (not to mention the fact that you would ride up in the belt at least a few more inches...). Did you lean sideways or crumple towards the wheel when you felt it begin to roll?

2) You say "we were on the road" -- did you have a passenger as well?
Old 11-07-2006, 11:39 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

To make a little joke out of this, me and my brother were drifting in his 04, and his tires were really crap. Well not drifting more of just like going around the turns slow then like flooring it to make the tires spin and have the car go. Well we were going and the car spun all the way around and we were facing the wrong direction..HOlY CRAP that was scary. Then another time we were actually driving really slow and in the snow we turned 90 degrees and were sideways in the middle of the road. we were literally under 10 miles an hour accelerating from a stop sign making a left turn.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

I would sue the bastards with the water sprinkers!!!! if it were natural causes like the rain, then it would be a different story.. sue em!!! they need to learn that letting the excess water go onto the road not only creates a hazard, it cracks the asphalt and makes pot holes... sad to hear that about ur stang.. at least ur getting a newer one!! hehe.. coupe' this time? LOL.. take it easy bro
Old 11-07-2006, 11:49 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Mustangs can be replaced your life cant ... so your lucky count your blessings tonight i know it sucks id be very upset but atleast you and your family are ok ....
Old 11-08-2006, 12:29 AM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

First of all, glad you're ok. Cars can be replaced but people can't; and it looks like that's what you'll be doing. I just have one question but also a concern. You said you were going slow and "...making a right hand turn and shifted into 2nd in the water. She went sideways..."
Did you have TCS off? Either way, I wouldn't expect to go sideways on wet roads shifting into second in any vehicle; unless it's a higher rpm, harder shift sequence. I haven't been on a wet road yet with mine but this implies that the car is very unstable on wet pevement. Sounds like you were surprised when this happened(particularly given your excellent driving record)... Is it that unstable?
I'd had similiar issues with losing traction, even with TC on. I was exiting a carwash one day (Hand wash! I treat my lady well.) and with the tires wet from the wash, I went skidding accross several lanes of traffic when I made a right turn. Luckily, there weren't any cars in the other lanes so I just got a nice scare. It's experiences like mine and stores like Phreak's that have me accelerating my suspension/tire upgrades.

Glad you're ok! As many have said, the pony can be replaced, YOU cannot! Good luck!
Old 11-08-2006, 01:23 AM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

Glad to hear you came out alive.

I want a convertible but I'm getting skeered. A friend of mine from work was in a vert (not Stang) when he mixed-up with a truck. Don't know all the particulars, but he was comatose for a good number of months. He's out of coma but now in rehab.

I wanna vert with roll bar and 4 point harness. Am I paranoid?

Course I could slip and fall walking to the car and crack my skull.

-jj
Old 11-08-2006, 01:40 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

First, Glad your o.k
Second, it reminds me of the Jeep Cherokee, You can thump a dent in the side of one the metal is so thin. If you were going slow and flipped THAT easily, then it seems to me that the new Mustang isn't as safe as they say they are. That looks bad for such a low speed flip. Man, I'm sorry to see and hear that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LESSONS LEARNED THE HARD WAY - MY NASTY WRECK